So how to creat temporary happiness for myself?

How do you fake being happy to others?

I would be lying if i said i was happy with my life, if anything im kinda embarassed by it. But my real issue is that it looks like i have a sad life.

I often feel like shit, and my body and my face shows it, and you dont get friends or boyfriends if you look like you hate your life, right?

Most Helpful Guy

• You just don't. You can act, smile, pretend that everything is okay, but it won't solve the issue, eventually people will find out. The best way of getting rid of something is attacking the very basis of it, the cause of it. Then you should "attack" your sadness, try to change, do what's necessary to actually feel better and then you'll have what you want.

• but what do i do when i know what i want but can't seem to find it/get it?

• what do you do when you seek it, but can't seem to get it anyway? And i know it sounds like im just making up excuses, but i dont know where to start basically... and the fact that i have to most things without any form of mental and metional support makes it way more difficult

• So perhaps you need organizing, a plan of action. I know it's hard to think coldly to do these things when you feel sad, but it's necessary. If you don't have mental support or emotional support, maybe this is a good way to start. After you do it, then organize what you need to try to reach what you want. Keep in mind that failing is always a possibility, but losing a battle does not mean losing the war.

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, as the saying goes, "Fake it 'til you make it." You really do need to keep searching for what makes you happy, whether that is listening to music, taking a hike into nature, drawing, etc... You can try to fake a smile, but many people can see through that as well.

What Guys Said 2

• I always believed that faking confidence is the first step to having confidence. I faked a lot a few years ago until it actually became real.

As per feeling/looking like shit- try exercising! My life turned around when I joined cross country in high school. Working out for even 30 minutes a day will make you look and feel worlds better.

• I dont know hot do that.. and i work out at leats three times a week.. and thats pretty much the only time i feel really good about myself..

• That's a start! Bump it up to 5-7 times a week.

• right now i just dont have time.. many exams comming up.. i can do max 5 times a week atm

• happiness is a societal illusion. you can only take some joy by putting shotr term goals and achieving them. thats a good source of joy and confidence. but you know what they say, no pain no gain

• gratitude. be glad for the little things. the things you have for grated for others are priceless luxuries.

• but the friends i have aren't necessarly high quality friends, they are very nice people , but we dont really have anything in common and we barely hang out outside school.. im fine with one or two close friends.. atm i only have one semi-close friend.. someone i dont have a lot in common with.. at all...

And you can belive what you want... but honestly i would rather shave my whole head before praying..

• then do not whine over the consequences. humans are designed for deification. antidepressants are a multibillionaire industry toda cause humans forgot and lost their raison d'etre.

What Girls Said 0