On this Armistice Day, do you think globally we show enough respect to people who have sacrificed or are sacrificing for the better of all?

Huge dues to them all

Most Helpful Guy

• I think soldiers deserve a lot more gratitude then they get to be honest, for me everyday is veterans day, never forget or stop thanking them for those that sacrificed, are sacrificing today and will sacrifice in the future. For freedoms and safety so many people take for granted as well as fighting, bleeding and dying so you and I don't have to. I have the highest respect and gratitude towards our service men and women.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I just returned from a service and I'm not really sure what the answer to your question is.

• all dues to you. I think people too often forget what many people did for us, now.

For example, if not for the efforts of many in WW2, the Nazis would have over taken Europe and the Japanese, Asia. Some of the sacrifices of people in PNG to halt the Japanese charge were heartbreaking

• They figure they have the freedom to denigrate what happened. I suppose they do. It's easy to preach peace from a position of safety.

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us."

or rather

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."

"Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf."

• I am very much a pacifist, which has a hypocritical basis for I was a really violent person when I was young, doing some unconscienable acts.

But, agree entirely with your view

• I always pay my respects, I put money into the charity pot and I wear my poppy with an air of gratitude each year.