Have you ever just assumed that you didn't have a shot with that special someone?

There is that one person you feel completely infatuated with. You think about them all the time and he/she literally takes over your mind. You have put them on this pedastole (I hope I spelled that correctly) and feel that you won't ever have a shot with them because they are just too good for you. Has this ever happened to you? Has this caused you to settle for someone less than you deserve?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah. How do I know if I don't have a shot until I try? I think I got it going on so why not try?

Most Helpful Girl

• No thats crazy! I would never settle! I don't care how ugly I am ! I want my other half to be attractive!

What Guys Said 5

• Nope I never settle for less, nor have I ever had someone consume that much of my mind, If I ever thought someone was to good for me then I wouldn't be in the situation or been through the experiences that have made me who I am today.

• yeah I've often thought that I've been out of someone's league but without going into detail... I've realised how wrong I was.

• Yes
    I couldn't sleep sometimes because of her

• Dood that's me every day!

• I don't think I stand a chance with any girl

What Girls Said 6

• oh yeah for sure. i've had that mindset with someone for just over a year and it's really irritating.

• Yes, every single time. It's caused me to settle for absolutely no one. I've never dated anyone because of this. All the guys that like me, I don't like, while all the guys I like, I have too low of self esteem to take a chance. I close myself up and try my hardest to fight the feelings, because god forbid someone finds out I'm interested in them.

• There was a super good looking doctor at my old church that I never dared to like cause I didn't think I had a chance. Not only would I have to look like him but I'd also have to be super smart and rich too.

• I knew I didn't have a shot because of circumstances, so, I worked through it and settled my feelings and made him back into a friend instead of a crush.

• With how awesome and good looking my boyfriend is. I didn't think I had a shot. I still took my shot and talked to him first and got to know him. After being together for 3yrs now. I still can't believe i'm with someone as amazing as him.

• Yes. My crush is the most perfect, beautiful, smart and kind person on earth. Unfortunately he'll never be mine.