Have you ever climed a mountain? If so how hard is it, how fit do you have to be, and how expensive is it? And is it worth it?

Most Helpful Girl

• i have. it's not that hard, u just need the energy, u need to have a backpack with everything u need.
    it's not too expensive and it is TOTALLY worth it.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think a mount but I've climbed hills before. The hardest hill I climbed wasn't actually that high but I went down the hill and then climbed back up and it took me around 2.5 hours to complete the trip. It was very difficult for me because I had not exercised in a while.

• I've hiked several but not rock climbing up one. My brothers did though in the Boy Scouts. Gosh their gear was several thousands of dollars then I believe the troop rented some of the stuff from where ever they camped.

• Climbed the Everest twice.

What Guys Said 7

• One of my hobbies. I have climbed many mountains but my favourite is mount Olympus in Greece. I climb the one to the top every summer. A height of 3.100 meters.
    You don't have to be that fit. I have seen fatasses climbing mountains but they still had difficulties and it takes them more than double of the average time to finish a hike.
    It can be quite hard and dangerous. For example, during summer, the hot temperature makes it exhausting, especially if you have a backpack of 20+ kg on your back like I do. Once you're 1000+ meters, the temperatures drop. But things get more dangerous (always depending from the mountain). The paths can be too thin at some places, which means you must walk extremely careful along it, probably with some cliff to your side and a strong wind trying to toss you off. I'm not bullshitting you. Many have lost their lives, most of them during winter when the mountains are covered in snow and are too unpredictable. My best advice , if you never did anything like this, is go with someone who has experience and NEVER ever go alone!

• I sailed the sea, traversed a desert and the jungle but I didn't climb a mountain over 8000 ft (mountain which I did by car)

• Its very hard you have to have all the gear and be tied off

• Depends on what kind of climbing your talking about there's rock climbing as in scaling up, and hanging off the side of a mountain which is quite expensive and quite hard to do, and then there is hiking, trekking up a mountain which isn't that expensive and is fun and fairly easy you just need energy.

• I tried once but I only made it about half way

• i climed the evrest mountain and it the best exprience ever it's very hard and fursting an dangerous you need to be in a good shape to climb it doesn't work if you are fat and ya it worthed it

• Yes. Nothing super spectacular though.