Should I ask my parents to help me with tattoo removal?

I have some ugly tattoos I got while in college that I deeply regret. I'm out of college now and I'm 22. I'm really struggling with loans and still haven't found work. I've been bodybuilding for the past 3.5 years and the tattoos really take away from my physique and I'd like to eventually compete. My dad makes a good amount of money. Do you think it would be too much to ask him? Or am I too old to be asking him for help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just wait it off until you have a steady income. You're already struggling with student loans. Don't make it any more harder for yourself by asking your parents. You're 22, there's plenty of time to remove them. Who knows, by the time you're ready, even better technology for removal may be out.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Yes, you are too old to be asking for money for this purpose.

2. Did you ask their advice about getting the tattoos? Probably not. You created this problem so you solve this problem.

• I guess you're right but I know my dad would help and he has the money no problem.

• This is the time for you to prove to yourself that you are becoming a man.

• I always love your advice. Such words of wisdom. I'll do it on my own.

What Girls Said 1

• You made the decision to put them on your body, it's your responsibility to pay the fees to remove them if you no longer want them. Tattoo removal isn't cheap, it's unfair to ask your parents to help pay for it when they weren't the ones who made the decision to ink yourself up. No matter how much your dad makes.

What Guys Said 1

• I would wait til I got a steady flow of cash but if you live with them, why not ask?