Can I just say something?

I've been a recovering alcoholic / drug addict for almost three years now. I have my good days and I have my bad days. Well I decided to drink just a bit, and I had two glasses of wine, which made me quite tipsy. I feel so much guilt and it makes me want to drink even more! I hate myself so much for even buying the bottle..

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not over... Everybody stumbles. Maybe you should talk about it at an AA meeting. You're definitely not the only person to trip up.

Most Helpful Girl

• Can't do anything about it now can you? Its already happened, all you can do is work on the present and the future. Throw the bottle out now.

What Guys Said 12

• You say you are a recovering alcoholic. Usually that means you have attended some form of meeting (s) to learn about your disease and how to fight it. And one of the first things they teach you is to avoid alcohol. Each single drink could be the first of many. You should not have taken even one drink.

You will never be a "recovered" alcoholic, always a "recovering" alcoholic, meaning that the recovering is ongoing. Don't take even one.

• This will pass. However, in my opinion stay away from that hypocritical cult AA. Trust me on this. Their success rate is 5% with and without AA. Find a more holistic
    approach to gaining sobriety. Medical science says that alcoholism is disease. No it's not ! Addiction clinics are cash cows. Money talks and bullshit runs a marathon.

• Call your sponsor immediately!

• My hope and thoughts are with you, i on the other hand over the years tent to more and more hate alcohol, because i've seen what it can do to a person and how badly can effect one.
    Stay strong and one of the best things to do is to keep your mind busy not to think about your desire for a drink. Do something especially with your fingers go out take a walk move your self away from the bottle, stay motivated ^^
    Good luck, don't give up !

• tip the rest of the bottle down the sink and ask to talk to someone. or distract yourself when you feel the craving

• You'll be fine! Just keep trying! 🙂

• I can see your willpower is low as hell. You don't have a strong mind at all.

• Considering the fact that I gave up drugs and alcohol cold turkey; I'd beg to differ.
      It is completely common for people to have two glasses of wine with dinner, and I thought I was no exception. I didn't want to get drunk, and I feel guilty for feeling as tipsy as I do; not for consuming some wine. But thanks for your shit stain remark.

• My addiction began when I was prescribed xanax so honestly that doesn't apply to me but nonetheless there's nothing wrong with having a few drinks here and there but for some people especially those who are predisposed to addiction or depressed, it spirals out of control and it is the HARDEST thing you can do to overcome an addiction. So you can stay on your high horse as much as you like but you just come off as unintelligent in my eyes. People who have no empathy skills and think that their personal experiences set the standard for all other humans lack a certain type of intelligence.

• But if you're happy being a cunt by all means do what makes you happy, just know that you're a hypocrite bc you've given into something you shouldn't have at some point in your life.

• its just a stumbling block buddy... please go and speak to your counsellor/friend... please.

• Were you on intervention?

• As long as you don't get behind the wheel of a car

• lmaoooo 2 glasses of wine. you fucking light weight. what a pussy. are you even trying? Just end your life right now.

• I haven't had really any alcohol for about a year now and I'm 110lbs soaking wet, so two glasses of wine would most definitely make me tipsy.

• Get your ass to a meeting and get your white chip.

What Girls Said 7

• Stop this before it gets worse. If you relapse, its okay. You just need to not drink anymore. Check yourself into rehab right now.

• Wow... why the apples would you do that to yourself... a little in moderation.

• Do you have a sponsor?

• No I don't attend any meetings or anything of that nature. I just woke up one day and decided that I did not want to continue to live life the way I was living.
      I just hate that I can't be "normal" and have a glass of wine without feeling so awful about it.

• Avoid doing this again. Next time you 'll remember how bad you felt and you won't do it

• Then quit it, u gotta change ur mentality, and tell urself, "it's not good for me, Im might disappoint people, or I've worked hard to stop". Or Pray to God about it:)

• wine can be healthy for you.. go find this mexican drink, its a fizzy non alcoholic juice version of sangria, its really good to me and i HATE wine and i dont drink either. its about 87 cents where i live, i get it at the DG lol

• i feel the same way everytime i pick up a knife and cut myself. i learned in treatment that its part of recovery. i know im not an alcoholic but im a self harm adict.
    adictions adiction and if you need to vent message me.