Fighting racism is sort of flawed?

This is a harsh reality every human being on earth needs to understand. You can NOT stop racism. What you can do is educate people on the subject but you can never truly defeat racism. You can protest for 500 years and there will still be racism.

Racism is a nasty evolutionary trait we humans have. It evolved from cave men keeping unknown enemies and genes out of the that certain group for survival purposes. People make the mistake of thinking racism is just ignorance. No, racism existed for evolutionary reasons just like everything else.

Again the only thing we can do is educate people but even then there will always be racism in all walks of life. These protests to end racism in colleges won't solve anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh I agree it is definitely ingrained into our instincts. But we have evolved since then and become more intelligent.

I inherently believe that people who are mindlessly racist lack any form of intelligence. They're almost a de-evolved human..

Most Helpful Guy

• People seem to think racism has only existed since the creation of the transatlantic slave trade (which affected all races of people by the way, I know some black people like to claim the monopoly on it, but they need to educate themselves on it). Racism has always existed and even if every human being on this planet was the same race there would still be discrimination. Humans beings like animals will discriminate, we are tribal by nature, we are animals by nature. Humans will always discriminate against each other in some capacity, skin color is just one form of discrimination and you're right it will never go away.

However it is important that racism like any form of discrimination is challenged where it rears its ugly head but it will never be cease to exist unless the human life form dies out.

What Girls Said 1

• True but somtimes it keeps it from getting worse. Just bc it always going to be here oin excistence, if we dont remember or take actions about the situation, it can get worse, but no mattet what it will still be here. Thats the wickedness in men.

What Guys Said 10

• The reality is that all of our social problems stem from one simple fact.

People are stupid, and people are assholes.

And because people are stupid, and people are assholes, we have racists, sexists, etc. That's really all there is to it. If people weren't stupid assholes, none of this shit would be an issue.

• I've been the victim of racism before and I'm white. I've used racism as well. We got thrown out of the local chinese when we were younger coz we were drunk. Started singing kung fu fighting to the staff and acting like chinks. The guys were raging. Chased us with big blades. It was funny as fuck. I don't hate chinese people I just go for the easiest way to attack them when I'm pissed off. Same with everybody. Blacks have got a special kind of chip on their shoulders though. They need to be watched. I didn't take offence when I was insulted I just fired back a few insults and that was that. No police or judiciaries involved. No newspaper reporters or photographers.

• "Racism is a nasty evolutionary trait we humans have. It evolved from cave men keeping unknown enemies and genes out of the that certain group for survival purposes"

Lol, what? Where is this theory backed up? Where are your sources? You can't just make up some stupid 'back when we were cavemen' explanation off the top of your head and feel like it's a good explanation to something.

• Racism is a natural human instinct in other words.

• If you are alright with people calling you names based on your race, good luck.

• exactly, I think a lot of the protests would actually make it worse

• So what? You can reduce it. Reduce it to the point of almost non-existance.

• Said like a true 15 year old child with no life experience.

• It's never going to happen. It's a pipe dream, you'll be telling me Karl Marx's nonsensical manifesto can be implemented fully in its purist form next.

• @Happierthanever Not really. Marxism-Leninism, on the other hand, with some modifications can be perfectly implemented.
      Believe what you want to believe. Neither of us are going to be alive when this happens.

• You can almost entirely stop racism. Racism is discriminating based on race in situations when race needn't be considered. Then the few times when it does occur we can call "crimes."

The "racism" ingrained in our biology you referred to is called racial bias. If you don't act on racial bias in situations where you're not supposed to act on racial bias then you're not doing anything wrong.

The true flaw of fighting racism is when you try to award privilege points based on identity politics and start favoring "groups" you perceive as being disadvantaged.

• There are all sorts of reasons for coming to the revolution. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

7:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4ARSj1qD0

• Yeah lets go back to slavery (S)