What's the difference between confident and arrogant in your opinion?

Just as the title says..

Here are some examples.

'' You should put me first. In my past relationships my ex's put me first and I matched their effort".

" you should feel privileged, I just finished work at you're the first person I thought to call ".

"I'm going to bring out the naughty side of you"

Confident, arrogant or neither?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• The first two are arrongant. The last one, it depends on the context, it can be confident.

The main difference between arrogant and confident is that arrogant feels superior and is always trying to show how "superior" they are and how "special" they are, and they always expect other people to worship them.
    Confident is a person that knows what they want and value themselves as well as they value the rest of the people, and they don't need to make other people feel inferior. They love themselves for who they are, mistakes and flaws included. Arrogant people instead think they are flawless.

• You can't tell who feels confident and who feels arrogantly though. You can only judge based on their words and actions, but you have no idea how they actually feel without analyzing them psychologically to some degree.

You seem smart enough to analyze someone though

• @M_A_X yeah, I agree that context is essential.

What Guys Said 18

• Confident is knowing what you are capable of. Arrogant is trying to convince others what you are capable of. The first is the second is trying to be. The examples you give (though I do not have the tone in which they where spoken nor the context so it cannot be accuratley surmised) seem more arrogant then confident.

• Confident is being sure of who you are and your answers and opinions. Arrogant is when you are confident but stubborn and refuse to accept the correct answer when you are wrong.

• I think confidence is knowing what you are capable of, and you also know your limits. Arrogant is you think you are capable of anything and you want everyone to know it.
    on your examples the first 2 I would call them arrogant, on the last 1 I think neither

• Arrogance is being try-hard!

Confidence is more about aura, and isn't pushy. It just oozes out in a stealth manner and penetrates the room, like a silent fart. :-P

• Confident is knowing what you can do and that you can do it.

Arogant is believing you should be able to do whatever you want, that you are always right and you don't need justification other than you said so.

• "Confident" means you don't doubt yourself too much.

"Arrogant" means you're a dick about it.

• I purposely make fun if myself occasionally to try to break all the generalizations

• Pls elaborate?

• Lots of people assume I'm a dick because of my muscles. I'm nice to everyone tho! Unless they cross me of course.

• The difference between confidence and arrogance is respect. You can be respectful if you are confident, but you cannot be respectful if you're arrogant.

• You can have confidence and humility but can't have arrogance and humility.

• To put it simply, humility

• the " you should feel privileged, I just finished work at you're the first person I thought to call " bit is kinda arrogant, though it is nice to be the first to be called.
    as far as being put first, you wanna god first, i didn't, and i regret it everyday.

• The difference is one with confidence has the goods to back up his attitude.

• How hot he is.

• arrogant people is underestimating others while confident is not

• doesn't matter. what matters is the difference whether he is hot or not.

• They're generally the same thing except arrogance you tend to belittle people and be rude to them. Confidence generally is considered a good trait so you would not insult someone just because you are confident you'll succeed.

An example might be in a race one runner says "I'm gonna take first place for sure! May the best runner win!" While an arrogant person says "You don't stand a chance against me loser. Prepare to eat my dust."

• Mainly confidence is internal and arrogance is directed at others, as being less capable, less worthy than yourself. Arrogance also has some connotation of over-confidence.

• If someone said the first thing to me my first reaction would be "fuck off!" lol
    To the second thing I'd think ha ha ha.
    To the third thing I'd think is this person still in highschool.
    Confident douchebag. lol

What Girls Said 5

• Canfident: not caring about what others think of you
    Arrogant: thinking you're the best in the world and boasting about it

• The first two just sound rude and narcissistic. Especially the second one, as if the person is gracing you with their mere existence and you should kiss their feet just because they somehow managed to think of you.
    The last one just sounds like plain dirty talk.
    I personally wouldn't stand talking to a person who acts/talks like that. Gross.

• Arrogance is rebellion against God or the refusal to tolerate people with their flaws and short comings or the refusal to help others.

• I don't see the different! lol

• Those are from an arrogant person