What are 3 negative things about... having long hair?

Pretty much a question for the ladies on here, but there probably are some men too with long hair so :)
Tell me the struggles!

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 17

• No such thing!
    3 reason why you should have long hair is the better question!
    for one all the attention i would give you! hahaha

• 1. It tangles in your sleep, or even just randomly throughout the day. So you learn to sleep in a braid to prevent it.

2. It takes a year to dry after showering.

3. You use more shampoo, and overall it just requires more maintenance.

• 1. SHEDDING/it always ends up EVERYWHERE.
    2. Knots are a pain.
    3. If you have layered long hair (as I do) I can't get it all up, there's always some that won't fit in the ponytail!

• scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...15356230_n.jpg
    My hair is waist length, sometimes it gets caught in chairs and it hurts lol T_T

• Takes ages to dry after a shower
    Tangles up easily
    Takes so much care especially in the tips so they don't split or break

I went from waist long hair to a bob cut last year and I have no regrets, I love everything about short hair really! 👌

• It does tangle easy, when its windy get's caught in the car door when your hopping in the car, and it does take a decent time to dry. But those are little things, I absolutely love having long hair.

• It gets really thin at the bottom the longer it gets (depending on your hair type) You can shut a car door on it, it can get stuck in seatbelt things... Honestly though there are so many more benefits that make it worth while. It's not really that tough to manage and it's fun to have. It can keep you warm and if you're hot, just put it up. You can do all kinds of cool hairstyles and braids (which I love) Mine's to my bellybutton and it's not all that bad to manage, just takes a while to wash and dry.

• I have a pixie cut so I can't really tell you the inconveniences of having long hair but I could tell you some about short hair. First of all, your hair is a MESS in the morning so you have to have a fight to the death with the hairbrush to make every little hair perfect. Second, ponytail envy :(
    But having short hair is AMAZING! So yeah...

• When u take a shower and ur hair gets soaked, it is gets heavy, and it tangles. When u eat and u look down, it gets into ur food. Sometimes u eat it without noticing, until u feel it tugging at ur face lol

• Blowing in your face when windy
    Lying down in bed and your significant other yanks it accidentally
    It tangles easily
    Ugh #2 is the worst

• 1. Tangles!!!
    2. That's it, I love long hair.

• Sometimes I get tired shampooing it or brushing it.

I think it takes longer to dry.

• 1. TANGLES
    2. It gets caught in stuff all the time
    3. Styling is a pain.

• Sexy smooth and shiny

• Getting it caught on everything.

Gets tangled really easy and hurts to brush tangles out

it is everywhere! Strands, even in the most unexpected and unwanted places.

It gets hot and heavy in the summer and hard to mention.

When looking down it gets in your way of eye sight or tickles your nose

People pull or play In it ( I don't mind if your hands are clean!) if not it's annoying and gross

I gave more then 3.. Oops but that's my struggles. Still wouldn't cut it tho :)

• 1.) It gets caught in everything. Literally EVERYTHING! The worst thing to get caught in is a car door.

2.) You have to watch out when you pee. My hair goes down to like my butt so when I sit down to go to the bathroom, sometimes it likes to dangle over the toilet water. So when I have to go to the bathroom I hold my hair up to keep from getting toilet water and/or pee in my hair.

3.) THE SHEDDING!

• Hair gets tangled easier.

Hair doesn't look as healthy as it does when it's shorter and freshly cut.

Randomly finding a long ass strand of my head hair in my butt crack.

What Guys Said 5

• Drawbacks... None. Unless you count looking constantly badass a drawback.

• Tangles, getting caught on everything, higher maintenance in general. I still love it and don't plan on cutting it off anytime soon.

• Longhair for a guy? well it depends if you look "good" with longhair, you just may look funny on the offend chance.

• I love a woman with long hair, though it will take more upkeep.

• I had long hair for a while it takes ages to dry, if you take a shower before bed and you don't sort it out you'll wake up with it all over the place, it goes all dry and unhealthy looking if you don't condition it. I know why girls sometimes go short to take a break from all that shit. lol