Is it possible to get PTSD?

Is it possible to get PTSD by watching beheading and torture video's on the internet? I just woke up from a horrible nightmare.

Most Helpful Girl

• PTSD unlikely not, your brain probably isn't viewing the experience as a threat.
    But it can traumatize you

Most Helpful Guy

• Wouldn't call it PTSD, but it can fuck with your psyche for a few days after seeing something like that.

• But it has been months ago since I last watched.

• Hmm, then maybe so. Maybe consult a psychiatrist.

What Girls Said 3

• Not PTSD, but a related anxiety disorder. It can last even more than a year to get rid of those images. Never let curiosity take over you, must have strong will.

• Why in the world would u watch that? That's scary. I can't even watch a bug get squished!

• You shouldinte do that, it's probably also illegal.

What Guys Said 4

• PTSD... Post Traumatic Stress Disorder...
    Post... means it bugged you
    Stress... means it bugged you for a while
    ... but traumatic means it actually happened to YOU. I've seen some gore myself...(BG) but i went through probably the worst. but im still here... smiling.

• Yes it is, stop watching horror porn

• It is not porn.

It is chainssaw and axe beheadings by the mexican cartel and knife beheading by Jihadi groups.

• Yeah I have seen them as well. There is much worse stuff out there. It is very possible to get ptsd from those images, however the more you think you have a disorder such as ptsd the more you develop it. The fact that you saw it on the internet and not in real life means that it will be much easier to recover from. Or... you can train yourself to become immune to images like that. Either way is your choice unless you want to wallow in self pity, in which i understand.

• I wouldn't call it PTSD, but I'm sure it could disturb someone.

• nightmares yes, ptsd no.