Why is suicide a sin?

Most Helpful Girl

• It isn't, it's just very sad. People who commit suicide see it as the only way to end their pain; they don't want to die, but it is preferable to the suffering they are facing and they can't see and end to whatever is hurting them through any other means

• It actually it is a sin.

• I don't believe in sin so I don't believe anything's a sin

• But especially not something like suicide, which is someone who is hurting an incredible amount committing a desperate act. To consider them 'sinful' is just beyond lacking in compassion

Most Helpful Guy

• i know it may be hard to accept that suicide is a sin, because we do not like seeing people suffer. But we must take a closer look at suicide beyond the emotional level.

In the Bible, all the cases of suicide we see are due to demonic influence or basically faithlessness. How do they get this state of faithlessness? By falling away from God, and doing things their own way. This often causes their own problems, and they face these problems without relying on the Lord. When this backfires, they sink deeper into faithlessness.

It takes a lack of faith and an evil spirit to take your life into your own hands, and murder yourself. It's a sign of rebellion, because the Lord is supposed to decide when your life is over. But the act of suicide is saying, "No God, I control my own life, and I do not want to live anymore. I don't care if you have other plans in mind, I'm doing this my way."

Many many Christians have suffered in life, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Look at all the Apostles who were martyred. How do you think God would see it if they said, "Well God these Romans are going to kill me anyways so I'll just do it myself and make it quick and painless." Christ teaches that the road of the Christian is one full of hardships and suffering, but if you trust in the Lord he will bring you through all of it. At the end of your life your faith is more precious than "gold tested in the fire", or basically like gold ore that has been refined in the furnace so it is now pure gold. So we who trust in Jesus and do not give up on life despite our sufferings prove our faith to be genuine.

Again I know it is a hard pill to swallow, but ultimately suicide is just a person using the weakness of their flesh as an excuse to "clock out" of life early so to speak. It's a sign of faithlessness, because it means a person doesn't trust the Lord will bring them through their hardships. I don't know for sure if suiciders go to Hell, but based on what Scripture teaches I think it's more likely than not.

What Girls Said 3

• I am not sure its like dis obey god will!

• There is no such thing as sin, but do not do suicide because it's not cool.

• Cuz ur put onto earth by God, and only he should take u out. Just like the "saying"... (from a mom's pov) "I brought u into this world, and I can take u out". Not literally by the mom, but by God...

What Guys Said 5

• I don't know that it is. I think its its something the Catholics created

• Giving up on your faith in god

• Isn't it something to do with "God gave you life therefore you shouldn't waste it?"

• It's murder if you believe in religion.

• it's not a sin. it's better to kill urself then to do a mass shooting