If you found a wallet full of money and contact information what would you do? What do you keep the money or give the wallet back?

Most Helpful Girl

• With 100% honesty, I know I would give it back. I once found a backpack that had 3 nintendos inside, 400$ worth of cash, and some jewelry, and I returned it. Turns out it belonged to a school counselor who was supposed to be watching her students valuables while they were on a tour (clearly she sucks!). I've also lost my own credit card at a busy restaurant and came back an hour later and someone had returned it and there were no charges on it. I know how it feels to lose your stuff or to have it stolen, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I feel like karma is a real thing, and when you put good out into the universe and do the right thing, it comes back to you, and vice versa if you're doing the wrong things. I would much rather be a part of the reason someone has a smile on their face than to be a part of why they think this world is an awful place.

What Girls Said 10

• Depends on how poor I was at that moment.
    I'd like to at least keep some of the money, after all, I found it, if it makes me a bad person, okkkayyyyy.

• No way they would know the money is gone? I would get in touch with them and give them ALL of their stuff back

• I would keep it but then regret taking it and give it back! lol

• The answer is very easy. The ethical thing to do would be to return the wallet with everything untouched, inside. And I actually did that one time. Found someone's wallet in a hotel room with 120 dollar cash inside.

• I would give it back. I'd love some extra cash, of course, but wouldn't feel right keeping someone else's.

• Give it in.
    Yes, the money would be helpful and needed. But coming from a person who appreciates every penny I have, if someone robbed me like that I would hate it. I would give it in with everything just as I found it.

• Give it back, no matter if I need the money, it's not right. The world is bad enough, I'd rather not add to it (:

• Send the wallet & money back to the owner.

• If i needed the money i would keep it. If i didn't, i would return it.

• i would give it back. I am not greedy. that would weigh heavily on my conscious.

What Guys Said 9

• I would take the money, finders keepers and a valuable lesson for the next time.
    Though if there was little to no money and only ID cards and what not that would probably cost money to replace I would think about contacting the person for a couple of moments before concluding it is too much effort to do so and throw it away.

• give it back. i have no reason to keep it. and if there's money in it, i wouldn't take it just because they'll probably know and check to make sure the money was there. also, i'm not a dick.

• Call the person and give it back. I lost my wallet once and the guy returned it with all my money. It's just good karma.

• Depends, If it was like warren buffets wallet or Bill gates wallet. I'd max out there cards and donate the cash to charity.
    If it was just a regular joe, I'd give it back.
    At college I once found a gold ring and I gave it to the lost and found.

• Give the wallet and everything in it back. It ain't mine.

• Return with all the money.

• give it back

• I love cynical questions where our morality is being challenged to be right from wrong, when in all reality if one was to be exposed in such scenario that as the rats we are by nature we would keep the money.

• I'd give it back but I've never been hard up. I don't know what I'd do if I was short of money. Morals are generally luxuries, you have to be in a position to afford them.

• For some people yes, but I've been hard on my luck before and given money and valuables back. Morals don't just apply to you or happen when someone is watching, the real test comes when no one is looking. I've been tempted and tested in so many situations, but I've chosen to do the right thing. I wouldn't want some person to do wrong by me, so how can I expect that back if I go around doing the wrong things myself.