Will I get rabies if I don't get my finger checked out?

So, my next door neighbor is selling puppies for $150. I picked up one and he bit me on my finger. My finger is swollen and turning purple. I dont know what to do because im scared if i go to the doctor theyll say i have some sort of disease

Most Helpful Guy

• How could we know if the dog was infected or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm mostly speaking from literally zero background knowledge here... But while going to the doctor is recommended, if it was a puppy more than likely he does not have rabies. Think back about the mother of the pups and the neighbor's situation. Was there anything to make you wonder if there was a possibility of rabies? If the dogs are inside dogs, I would guess very little chance and if they are enclosed I would guess very little chance.

I would say there is a higher likeability of it being just plain infected than rabies. But go to the doctor!

What Guys Said 1

• You'd only get rabies if the puppy had rabies which it doesn't. You might have an infection though. I'd see a doctor.

What Girls Said 2

• If the puppy was crazy and foaming at the mouth, then yes.

However I highly doubt your neighbor has rabbit puppies so you should be fine. However if it's turning purple you may want to talk to your mom, if you didn't wash your hands you could have gotten an infection on your finger from something.

• It's not rabies, it's more likely to be an infection, just get it checked out, the longer you wait the worse it will get and the more likely there will be lasting side affects