Why do people look down on people who are on disability?

Ok I am a person who gets disability for a mental illness I have. I have schizoaffective disorder because my father was shizophrenic. I am drug free and I'm not an alcoholic, I pay my bills and take care of my daughter by myself. And people constantly push it in my face with " oh you have it easy" or "not many people have it as easy as you" really? I mean financially I have it easy yes but mentally, emotionally, and physically I don't! Not only do I have schizoaffective disorder but I have PTSD and depression. I can't stand it when people think my life is just a breeze when it's not! I am the small percentage of people who do what I'm supposed to do with my disability money. I hate drugs and maybe once in awhile I'll treat myself to a drink with my best friend! I'm tired of being looked down upon and it's also affected my love life too. Men look at me as if I'm begging them to take care of me when all I want from aman really is love and loyalty. That's it!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I know 4 people on disability and all 4 are faking it to avoid working. 2 of them told me directly. I'm sure there are people who need it but the fakers are giving you a bad name.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because so many people abuse the system the few that actually need it are looked down upon, sad but true...

• Thanks for MH :)

What Guys Said 2

• I agree, I'm a wheelchair user but fully independent and people look down on me too like I need care and I'm a charity case. I just want the same as you really and I know how you feel. Happy to chat if you need someone to talk to x

• Girl keep working hard, others may think you "have it easy" but you know the truth that you're a hard worker despite your illness. The right man will come one day even I am waiting for my woman.

What Girls Said 2

• Because some people do not understand a person's problem until they actually experience it. The wise ones of course, actually listen, research or try to put themselves in other's footsteps.

• Because people are always looking to feel better about themselves.

I suffer with depression. My brother is autistic. And my father is an amputee. I don't view disabled people as lower than me, just slower than me.