Have you ever NOT said your opinion on here because you knew you'd be downvoted?

If you said your opinion on a certain question you just know you'd be downvoted. Has that ever stopped you from posting it?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 18

• Nope. I don't GAF.

But... sometimes I may skip one because I'm not in the mood to put up with a bunch of narrow minded haters. Same reason that I ask very few questions. I get annoyed by so many people that are myopic and unwilling to consider alternate points of view.

Healthy debate should leave some room for at least a momentary consideration of the other person's position and why they stand where they do. Which is like less than 10% of people on GaG in my experience.

Still, I don't give two sh! ts about down votes or MHO for that matter.

• Yup. I wanted to answer an opinion question but I saw that the answers that were up voted took the asker's side and anyone who didn't, were downvoted and called some names. Lol.

• I don't care if someone downvotes me. It's hilarious how many people ask questions but get pissed when you give your honest answer. But I do avoid giving answers to questions that I know are gonna start a discussion. The topic is often something like abortion, religion, gender, sexuality, animal abuse etc. Sometimes I just don't want to have to debunk the same dumb arguments over and over again. So I often avoid those questions.

• Yeah I have lol because i was like oh apple pie!

• Nope. People are gonna downvote regardless. Some people just do it to do it. Others just do it because they don't like the person so it doesn't even matter what the said.

• Hahaha everyone knows I didn't. xD

• Ummm no. Its my opinion. Im very confident in what i say. Even if i know people will hate it. Im just a very blunt person. Tbh Idc about others opinion that much.

• Nope. I never care if I'm downvoted or not.

• I usually give my opinion regardless, but I'm just not mean or nasty about it when I do.

• Yeah, sometimes I'm afraid to voice my opinion on here. I need to get over it but it's whatever.

• No, I don't' care.

• Nope, I don`t really care.

• It's more like idgaf

• Nope i still give it and know the rain of downvotes will come. Which I hope they make it so u can see who they are. That way I can laugh. :D

• I embrace 'em like badges of honor.

• if it's something personal then I'm anonymous, but honestly I don't care if I'm downvoted...

• no it doesn't matter to me

• I try to not say anything that would hurt anyone...

What Guys Said 12

• No, but If the opinion was so radically different than mine, I might not bother since it would take too much of my effort to express, and they would disagree anyways.

• no. but i'll bet someone will go and downvote everyone on here just for the fuck of it now.

• Yes, some are just.. troll questions.. so I feel like writing a troll answer but I keep it to myself and move on to another question

• Thee, Sir , must surely be joking. :D :D

• Nope, I say my opinion anyway. I'm no punk bitch that is afraid of a downvote! :-D

• hitler was a cool guy because he made what he thought was righ to a reality
    /pol/
    downvote me.

• I don't care about it, I have some dude downvoting me all the time anyway... but if I think it's an opinion which is not really accepted by the vast majority of people then I might go anon

• I usually start those opinions with "I'm probably going to get downvoted but..."
    So that way at least people know I'm aware that what I'm saying isn't politically correct

• I actually forgot we had voting thing on gag for a while lol

• A 10 font superficial number showing disagreement of unknown strangers online has never stopped me from saying what I want to say.

• Fuck her right in the pussy!

• Fuck no.
    Also, I THINK HITLER WAS RIGHT.