Would you visit Dubai?

My boyfriend with his friends want me to go but tbh it's the last place I want to visit. I'm sure it's a beautiful country but there is some things I don't support about it especially their treatment of women. Have you ever been and what are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion it's a really stupid country. What's supposed to be beautiful about it? There are no historical sites, no interesting culture... it's all just a couple of sky scrapers in the middle of a huge, endless desert. That's it. I am absolutely against all the rich idiots who live there and throw around with their money as though it was toilet paper or something like that. I think it's appalling that these people would rather buy themselves 50 different cars and 20 different houses and 5 private islands instead of perhaps making their society a little more egalitarian and let everyone profit from the country's wealth. I also think it's disgusting how these people build all kinds of crazy bullshit and help destroy the global climate instead of being a little more humble. Oh and to the terrible situation of women we could also add that homosexuals are killed and immigrant guest workers are literally held as slaves (in Quatar too, by the way). There employers take away their passports so they can't travel back home and then they stop paying them and the guest workers can't do anything about it because they don't have money to go to court, they can't leave the country... so they're forced to keep working as modern slaves. I can't understand how anyone with a sane mind can possibly find this country awesome. You can as well cheer for North Korea.

• Finally someone who's not blind. It's shocking to me the amount of people who have commented on this post and having no idea on how backwards of a country it actually is.

• well, in all fairness, it's probably top 5 in terms of most advanced middle eastern countries behind israel, maybe kawait and qatar. it might not be top in the world, but it's a lot worse in some of the countries in the surrounding region.

What Guys Said 17

• No, I would not visit a Muslim country.

• This country is AWSOME , treat their women? 😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑ppl women there wear bikins and do what they want god save us from ignorant

• Omar I've been there and she's right they treat their women like slaves. Take away the tall buildings and fools throwing around money it's an absolut dump.

• I knew of a young girl who was raped she was told she brought shame among her family and was imprisoned , it's not the first time either I've heard of this happening. Anywhere that has Islamic law you should read up on how they actually treat their own.

• @ashflo25555 😮😮😮😮 Islamic law , isn't it weird that UAE don't follow the Islamic neither do egypt we follow the french common law system
      And in sharia to prove that an adultery happened u need something called
      Something more like bare witness not like the normal bare witness
      Those people need to have so characteristics so Islam could take their words
      The least thing they need to have is nobility ( the old arabs nobility ) and to be noble according to old arabs u can't eat or drink outside ur home to be called noble ( that's why it's impossible to prove an adultery happened Even if it was on tape and everyone saw it ) please know ur words before speaking and learn don't follow ur media ( ps I am not offending u or anything )

• It's a beautiful place.

• There's really nothing there. Just a bunch of rich folks who have way too much money And a very beutifully designed city. Not worth the trip, though.

• I've been there twice. It's a terrile place to visit and there's very little to do, not to mention they hate Americans so you will feel very uncomfortable there if you are an American

• Dubai PRO: As far as the Arab Muslim world goes, Dubai is tops. Imagine an Arab version of British Hong Kong with Las Vegas glitz. It has a sizeable "infidel" expat population, and they are treated decently. A former British protectorate / colony, it still has English Common Law and isn't full-blown sharia.

Dubai CON: Those first 8 words--"As far as the Arab Muslim world goes..."

• I would love to visit Dubai!!!

• No don't wanna get beheaded

• Honestly? That is Saudi Arabia next door. As a foreign expat, if you do something they don't like you will get kicked out, tops.

• Sure I plan to travel all over in my lifetime and meet interesting people around the world. I think if we all learned more about different cultures and traditions we wouldn't have as many issues in the world.

• No. I dont quite like the rich. Also I am aware of the culture and the social issues there. It just feels the most money-minded and materialistic place, more so than Las Vegas. lol

• No, never.

• Yep I plan to one day

• No. It's dangerous.

• I would love to visit.

• No, i have no desire too.

• Maybe one day

• Sure ferirrie land and the world's tallest building sounds fun

What Girls Said 12

• OMG YES YES YES.

honestly, as a tourist youd be identified pretty quick and your experience of dubai would be much different to those who live there. of course it is sad that those r some of the conditions they live under, but each country has those weird things about them u know? dont let that stop u from checking out the culture =]

• Yes I would! My sister did and one of my friends is from there, they have nothing negative to say about it!

• You will only be visiting, I would go. I would go shopping until I couldn't walk.

• Yeah, why not. Treatment of women? Man sometimes when I see them Khaleeji women here in Paris I feel bad for their men and their pockets x'D

• Amazing place
    one of the most beautiful places !!! go for it
    people there are so open minded even famous actors and actresses love to visit it from every country in the world
    but because of the Paris attack by terrorists
    so now you will get hateful comments against anyone who will say Hi to a Muslims lol

• i heard that it's beautiful but overrated compared to other countries in the region. mainly nothing but a high-priced shopping mall.

• Avoid at all cost anywhere that has Islamic law is a no go.

• I've already been there and I loved it. Definitely don't miss the opportunity. As for their treatment of women, I wore my bikini to the beach and no one really cared.

• I'm not talking about the treatment of tourists I'm talking women who are actually from Dubai.

• Well I don't know about that. My cousin lives there and she said that they're treated well, but I have no idea.

• Yeah i would. My parents and other family have went there.

• How do they treat the women?

It's my dream to visit Dubai❤

I am gonna go there someday.😊

• No I heard some American tourists have been raped while vacationing there

• I hate anal