Why are people caring about the attack on France so much?

140 people died, so what? many people die daily and no one gives a shit, so why do people care now? it seems so overeated to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• The truth? Because most people can relate to the deaths in France. Almost everyone here can imagine going to a stadium and having a lunatic with an ak unload in the crowd or blow himself up. On the other hand people dying in a country that's at war or starvation isn't something most gagers relate to. So you show compassion for the things you could see happening to your or your loved ones. Similarly if you went to a third world country and told them about the deaths in France they wouldn't give 2 shits.

What Girls Said 13

• I feel the same way. I said something negative and I got so damn down votes becasue I didn't care or matter to me.

• Look at how they don't reply to my comments, kind of shows the truth.

• hahah! I just don't care if i died no-one would be concerned. Like you say plenty of people die everyday and you don't see me make post over post about it. I don't care much about anything!

• Why do people care so much about how much more attention the attacks in Paris are receiving versus the more frequent attacks in the middle east or elsewhere? Are you seriously comparing bombings/terrorist attacks, for whatever reason looking to see who had it worse and who 'deserves' more global concern?

That's pretty low. They all do. I think @imnotcreative was pretty spot on as to why Paris may be currently receiving much more coverage worldwide. Most can relate to getting caught in those circumstances, it's not impossible that anyone living in the western world would also be at a concert or restaurant in Paris or their own hometown and actually involved in a terrorist attack. It just hit closer to home than what may happen in Syria on a regular basis. More relatable.

• It still doesn't give them right to preach so much.

• I have made things more simple in order avoid pointless long discussions and only included the key facts, sorry you are not happy with that.

• your 'argument' is so simple there are no facts. Which immigrants are being 'sent back', and to where?

• I agree with you on that. Millions die in Africa, Syria, India and China and nobody cares now because some rich french people died, everybody is in panic.

• I AGREE with you so much!!!

• All the un liked her comment think its ok to treat the middle easterns , the Asians and any one who is not christian or white bad
      very un fair
      im ashamed of being part of this dirty world
      by the way im white and im not muslim

• I mean ethically a loss of innocent human life is pretty upsetting. It's also scary, it could and has happened anywhere. Politically Paris, because of their revolution and everything, is seen as a symbol for Western values of freedom, democracy, liberty, etc. and the attack was an attack on those values. Very akin to 9/11.

It's insulting and hurtful, especially when it's innocent youth. Think about the terror they must have felt and that's how their lives ended. The pain their families must feel. It's horrific.

• Yeah, but it's the same with other people dying because of crazy people like that every day, how are they different?

• Yeah I get what you're saying, it could be a positionally thing. Like that it's also a developed and mostly white country. I think it has more to do with the Western values thing, it's in a way an attack on the West and Western states so it would get more attention. Plus it's naturally tragic and upsetting. I wish other countries would get the same attention that aren't on the same level.

• I fully agree with you!!! millions of people in the east die in much horrible ways and no one cares. @kaylas91 is an perfect example of a typical westerner who only cares about certain races.

• It's a joke what your saying right? Imagine being gunned down terrified for your life. All those teenagers and young people who have lost there lives who went out to enjoy a Friday night. It could happen in any European at the moment because we have traitors walking amoung us that are threatening our freedom and way of life. For once all of Europe stands together with one common enemy. You're an absolute as*hole to be honest. Your right people do die everyday but not in this way. So just keep your mouth shut.

• People die of similar ways around the world daily, but no one gives a shit, you are ignorant.

• The loser here is you for being so ignorant. Go and do some research instead of relying on your emotions.

• Lol, oh poor little girl

• More and more people including women, children died in Palestine, Syria , Iraq , Africa etc. but those were kept unfolded... never brought up to the surface!!! No flags updated on fb profile pic!!! Well... they dont need it, really. They need real human being cares, supports and real actions to stop the cruels!!!

• I sometimes thought that too but Paris cared deeply when 9/11 hit america

• instead of asking why are people carin about the attack, ask why dont people care about the other attacks or deaths on world

• Because we are human... apparently you're not.

• It is a symbol and a sign of the troubling times we are in. Basically, we are in a world war on terror, or about to be.

I mean really? 120+ people were murdered in a planned attack today and you think it is overrated? It could happen anywhere.

• Well you see some people have these things called souls and can feel something called empathy.

• Plus saying that a person can't be sad because some people are sadder is like saying you can't be happy because some people are happier.

• What i am trying to say is that people are publicizing it just because it happened in the west, and don't are what happens in the east, it's racist.

• It's media bias the news wants to find something that we all relate to. how many people want to go to Paris one day? Or go to concerts or to a soccer game?

• Because our neighbors got killed in a horrendous attack on freedom.
    Go buy a fucking soul.

• Lots people are killed that way, so your argument is irrelevant.

• So just because not many die like that in Paris they should get more coverage? how racist

• No? But France is a free country, they are our neighbors, we are them. So of course it gets more coverage in Europe than one of the countless terrorist attacks in muslim countries.

What Guys Said 10

• When it happens here you will have your damn answer , maybe you will be lucky enough to be where it happens and you can see first hand what it was like

• What can it be like? accidents like that happen everyday, it's no different.

• Well then why are you preaching only about the Paris attacks?

• Lmao because that's what we were talking about man , you seemed to be on the attack I was defending myself

• Because dying from idiots exploding around you with bombs strapped to their body is more annoying than dying from a sickness or old age. It's like dying by getting ran over by a drunk driver, or medical malpractice.

• People are dying of war daily in middle east. Many accidents like that happen in USA and it never gets so much attention, it seems like the west tries to make themselves look important again.

• It's a war they are fighting among themselves, it's kinda their fault they couldn't come to an agreement in the last 800 years about this stuff.

• So? it's an example why people should stop preaching.

• Those who care the most are those who were shouting ''Welcome Refugees'' until the attack happened. Liberals who support the government's open border policy that allowed thousands of non European people to swarm the country unchecked and unidentified. Thats why there is so much hype about it. Because they didn't expect to find a terrorist attack in their home, where they live and see their utopia of peaceful co existence being disturbed by the reality. It's easier to see something like this from your TV, happening on the other side of the world.

• It's the malicious intent and disregard for human life that angers people, not death. We all die, and everyone we know will die. Having someone die because some asshole wanted to make a point is unacceptable.

Think of it as the difference between spending your money and being broke versus having a thief rob you.

• But people die of similar causes in other places as well. So your reason is really irrelevant.

• Aren't you a star? go make yourself shine in the good light, you are an expert!!! i am satisfied that you made yourself bitter.

• I rather thought that was your aim. A failed aim, but an aim.

• Any act of terrorism is a big deal!

• Media hype and peoples lack of media literacy.

• "140 people died, so what?"

That's what's wrong with the world today, folks. That's what the extremists are thinking.

• Many more people die daily of several reasons, so why stress it?

• Because it's a direct attack on a city! It's not like 140 people died of natural causes, they were KILLED!

• I agree with you completely. I don't give a shit about it.

• Yea sure its terrible. But I think people should be worried about the bigger problems in life. The media seems to be brainwashing people and being selective ad to what is seen and not seen in the news. Overpopulation is a much bigger problem that needs to be addressed and 140 peoples deaths actually helped for this cause. Might seem like an insensitive statement, but thats life. Death happens and its something thats happening all over the world all the time. Do people care that the CIA purposefully start wars in oter countries so they can profit from it. How about the large oil companies stopping the scientific progresses in renewable energy and alternatives to fossil fuels. Yes they actually killed a scientist in the desert for designing hydrogen powered engines. And on that note the media blasts hydrogen energy as being dangerous when te truth is that is can be done safely, more cheaply than fossil fuel engines. The technology for hydrogen powered cars is available but the reason we its not widely available yet is bc oil companies pay the government not to pass the laws and they are worried about the taxes on oil. They are worried about te profits from hydrogen bc it is so easy to make that anyone can make in their backyard for free. What about the truth for aliens. Yes its te biggest coverup in history. Aliens are real and have been here for thousands of years. It is written in many ancient texts but nobody knows bc tthey only let us know what they want us to know. Open your eyes people.

• Here's what's going to happen. The west is going to act outraged for like 3 weeks saying how we need to do something then we'll get tired of it and get over it and go back to our regular lives like we do with literally every travesty that happens excluding the people that were directly affected by it.