How do I lower my ego?

If I had to count how many times I've been told that I have a huge ego, I would be a millionaire by now. I used to not care, but now I'm starting to see how a massive ego can be an issue and cause problems in my future as well. I suppose a lot of people also don't really like people who have egos out of this planet. So, how do I lower it? What are the secret ways to do that? Is it even possible? Help a sister out please. :D

Most Helpful Guy

• You can like and love yourself without having the attitude that you are better than everybody else.

Having a huge ego can also be a hidden low self esteem. Like you constantly need to reassure and prove to yourself (and others) that you are better than everybody else. Realize that it doesn't really matter if you are better or worse, it's all just perception.

A huge ego can also come from self entitlement which can be benefited from having contact with other people less fortunate than you.

Being humble can be hard. But it's the true sign of strength when you don't constantly have to say how great you are or prove things. When you simply can just "be" and don't need to put others in their place. Have your opinions and allow others to have theirs.

I obviously don't know you so this is more of a general guideline where everything might not apply to you personally.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmfao "what are the secrets ways?" i know what you mean though! i used to have that problem. you just got to realize that being more humble will make you look even better. and its nice to be confident, but its not all about you. im not trying to sound rude but thats what i had to think about and realize. there are so many things going on in the world, so many important people who have contributed something to us, so many events, so many things always going on around us. also it helps to see how there are some great people in your life too who are just as awesome as you and me

• Hahah, if only it was that simple... Easier said than done obviously. :D But, yeah, I get what you're trying to say, thanks!

What Guys Said 20

• It's not so much about lowering your ego as it is just not letting it take over. I find that thinking about Universe and where we are in space and time helps immensely to putting things in perspective. (besides it just being an awesome thing) I recommend that you look at, "The Known Universe" on YouTube and just try to imagine the scale, the immensity of it all, how many stars there are, how many galaxies. It can be quite humbling to realize our place in the cosmos, and for that reason I recommend that you watch this video with an open mind and just let your mind wander.

• I AM ABOUT TO GO TO TOWN ON THIS BITCH!!!

Listen the reality is that people have less apathy for you than Hitler did during the fucking holocaust. I will admit you have great tits. Red isn't your color and YOU HAIR IS A DAMN MESS. You have no reason to have a big ego. The reality is men will fuck mostly anything that looks half way decent. Even on this site these men in the damn comment section have been commenting on the vast majority of women's "how do I look questions?" and saying they look beautiful. Have you ever seen one guy on Facebook tell a 40 women that they look beautiful? I would take them seriously.

• a breast reduction? I think that would make guys less drooly, and thus girls less jealous, and thus you less of an 'egoist'?

be a shame, though :-P

• I have the opposite problem actually. I need a bigger ego.
    I used to be like you (well I never had dem D cups ;) ) and then I realized how much of an asshole I was to everyone around me.

Consider what the world would be like if everyone acted like you.

• Hahahah, but that's the thing... in a way I feel like if everyone was like me, everyone would be awesome as hell. :P

• Well what's the problem then?

• Don't lower your confidence, it's a good thing. And is rare to see in women sometimes.

• Well a high ego means you're either confident or cocky. As long as it's not the latter, there's no need to lower it.

• I think I'm not cocky... I mean, I could be, but maybe I just don't realize it.

• Every body has ego but some one has low and some one has high like you. if you disrespect any one just think if Im in that position what should I feel. You looks amazing and outstanding but don't feel ego there are so many people are not beautiful than yours and some one had physically handicapped so you think I am so lucky in this position and don't feel ego. finally I lobe your pic very very much.

• What is your ego about? Smarts? Looks? Have someone ground you in whatever it is. If i look I can find flaws in anyone. Myself included of course.

• Dig a hole and stand in it. Besides it literal and symbolic connotations hard work tends to humble and build character

• A question you need to ask yourself is WHY do you have a big ego?

• I just look in the mirror. Does it for me.

• put in your head that u are just another one in a big ass universe. you are not center of nothing. just another one. but u are unique so that let stay in your ego but u can think you are better than everybody

• Will you give me some of your ego?

• Shut up, Selene.

• What kind of things have you said/done that determined that you had a huge ego?

• you have right to have an ego though lol, you are very beautiful

• Date an abusive boyfriend.

Or listen to enough people tell you your ego is too big.

Unless you're putting others down, not listening to them because you're sure you must be right, or something, you just go right on having a big one.

• Send me naked pictures and I'll criticize everything about you including your ridiculous ballooned up boobies 😈

• Try being a sexual slave in bed

• There is no other way to lower your ego other than life experience. You will get humbled by life, sooner or later. It's better to be humbled earlier than later. You don't wanna turn into a bitter 40 year old because no guy pays attention to you anymore and you're no longer desirable.

What Girls Said 2