I never feel full, why and what can I do?

I can eat a lot and never really feel full so I tend to eat to much and not feel it till later when it's to late to stop. Does anyone else have this, what helps?

Most Helpful Guy

• Try drinking a large glass of water before a meal and eating slower. That should help fill you up a bit before eating and if you slow down it will give your body time to know it is filling up.

• Thanks a lot!

• Hello! I just wanted to say I've been doing what you said and I think it's done the trick! Thank you so much again @SmoMan @Barnone

• Congratulations girl. Not everyone can make the change like that. Keep up the good work.

Most Helpful Girl

• Try eating smaller portions and take your time eating. The brain takes approximately 20 minutes to register that you've fed yourself and let you know you're getting full. If you find yourself sill feeling hungry after a good meal you may want to consider getting your thyroid checked. Some people also over eat due to habits learned and scientists now know genetics play a part. Lastly, try not to over eat carbohydrates because your body will burn throw those faster than protein and you'll find yourself hungry sooner. Lots of people over eat out of habit and just because it tastes good so you're not alone. 😉

@SmoMan has a great suggestion of drinking a glass of water prior to eating.

What Guys Said 3

• meanwhile 130 people died in Paris..

• Clearly asking this question is an affront to all the victims. It really doubles, if not triples their suffering. Just shut the whole fucking world down to be safe.

• @SmoMan it's a losing battle give up

• 31 years old with no wisdom, smh shameful

• Have you gone very long periods without eating?

• I do not always have the time and conscience to follow the normal breakfast lunch dinner schedule so sometimes yes, however I find myself doing this even if I have eaten at regular times. Do you think that trying to eat regularly more wold help?

• It probly would... I have gone long periods without eating.. and afterwards it took me a while to get the feeling back... My situation was kinda extreme, so it took me a while of eating regular meals to get the feeling back... Like probly a week.. But i still dont think its the same feeling that it used to be... You will be a lot more productive if u eat regularly, so u need to make sure u make time to eat.. Even if its snacks

• Thanks for the advice, it really helps a lot! I will definitely start doing the things you suggested

• They say it takes the stomach 20 minutes to tell the mind your full so I guess you should eat slower or your going to stretch your stomach

What Girls Said 2

• Do you drink water before eating your meal?

• I do, but reading other opinions makes me think I ought to drink more! :) do you have a guess of how much is good to have with each meal?

• Thank you so much. I really appreciate it!

• Try eating slower or eating smaller portions of filling meals. Food today is designed to be more quickly chewable so you eat faster and your mind doesn't have time to realize you're full.