In a ladies' choice dance, who pays?

I'm in high school and considering asking this guy to Winter Formal, which is ladies' choice. I know he'll say yes if I ask him because he told a mutual friend of ours so, who then told me, so I don't have to worry about that, but I'd like to know how this should work so that it isn't totally awkward. Tradition says the guy pays, but since I'm asking him, should I pay? Or should we do something else?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think since your asking you should pay for yourself. Even if he asks you you should still offer and be happy to pay (not sure over there but very common for women to pay half here). If he insists on paying then great but the gesture is the main thing. Have fun!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I think you should pay since you asked. He might offer and maybe he'll buy food or flowers after, who knows. Although since you're so young the parents will probably be paying?

• You invite, You pay, or rather your parents pay since you're 14.

• You invite, you pay. But that's just my theory, you can do whatever the flippers you want.

• You're in high school. Your parents are paying. Everyone should be buying their own tickets.