How scared do you get after watching a scary movie?

• naaahh bruuhhh scary movies have nothing oneeeee, let's kill thoseee facking demonic biatchessssss
  • very very very scared, to the point that i crai and want my mommy, and poop in my pants...
  • scared? huh! i don't even watch that poop in the first place!!
  • NICHOLE!!! BATHSHEBA IS BEHIND YOUUU!!! RUNNN BRUUUHHH, RUUUN!!!
  • i need to see the results...

Most Helpful Guy

• Scared? Psssh. AS IF.
    *looks up happy dog and cat gifs to make myself feel better after a scary movie*
    media.giphy.com/media/U2ii5GIzMGU3m/giphy.gif

Now I'm better :)

• awww you made me happy so mho for you bruuuhh!!

• You just got lucky. It's because she was waiting for me to fall asleep.. But jokes on her, I didn't until it was light outside.. So she couldn't do anything. 😝 Yeah, you're welcome.

@NormalUser

The demon is cute? 😮

• @Kay211 Yeah :D, anything can be cute, even a scary ghost. Do you believe me? :P

What Guys Said 27

• There is a type of horror movie out there that is genuinely scary. It has seemingly untouchable monsters, police the hero can't rely on, and friends dying on the hero left and right, often gruesomely. If he tries to steal a car, the monster will know. If he uses his cell phone to call for help, it will only piss off the monster. The monster is not usually acting alone, but is in cohorts with other monsters. Otherwise, if they acted alone, then police would be on his side rather than the monster's side.

These types of horror movies have not been totally discredited yet, don't involve ghosts or demons acting like they're way more powerful than they normally actually are, don't usually revolve around promiscuous teens and drug use, and tend to involve lots of intelligent or pseudo-intelligent discourse, rather than having everyone act like a total flippin' idiot every three seconds.

Here's the thing: these movies are horror films in everything except the name of their subgenre. We don't call them horror movies. We call them paranoid action thrillers.

They work best when they have a protagonist who is completely average. Unfortunately, Hollywood thinks that's boring. So by movie #2, most of these heroes get everything that made them unique stripped away, and they are turned into Jason Bourne clones.

To illustrate my point: how hard would it be to re-cut Captain America 2 or Shooter to make a trailer depicting these movies as horror films rather than action thrillers?

• Cape Fear (1991) is probably a good example of a movie that could be considered truly frightening - largely because something like that can really happen. In fact, if I remember correctly, Megan's Law was written specifically because of fears that this movie would happen in real life.

• The only time I watch "scary movies" are with girls who want to watch them - then it's fun because the girl usually ends up crawling in my lap for protection...

My brain is too logical - most scary movies would be over in 2 minutes if someone had a gun and a bit of brains, and even for the ones that wouldn't, there is usually an easy way out if you used your brain - which people in scary movies never do.

• True. Which is why a lot of modern horror movies will have something really far-fetched and stupid happen early-on to make it impossible for the protagonist to simply use a cell phone. Or they make the police completely useless. Cars and guns only work when the script needs them to.

Examples are Disturbia and the remake of When a Stranger Calls, where our hero is on probation for some dumb reason, and denied basic privileges that could save their lives - presumably as punishment.

"Oh, that f*-wipe did that to you, so you let him have it? Awesome. Oh, but his cousin was a cop, so they put you on probation? Just for that, I'm gonna strand you in this creepy-ass house with no way to defend yourself if some psycho comes in and tries to murder you!"

Even my 2002-written book "90 Has No Secant" would ended in 2 chapters, if Eva used more common sense and evacuated her family early, instead of letting wheelchair-bound Rick handle everything.

• I watch horror movies for the laughs lol they have stopped being scary for years now. My dad made me watch them in kindergarten so I got used to them pretty quick.

• awww that's mean though ahaha

• Nah I appreciate it actually. And now we're doing the same to my little bro who's only twelve but watches the stuff along with us while we laugh at every funny death scene or jump scare :D

• I don't get scared at all. I just can't get my brain out of that "this isn't real" mode. I can be startled, like when something jumps out of nowhere, but not scared.

• I saw "Annabelle" in a theater by myself. That was a mistake; the movie wasn't too horrifying but man, I never noticed the creepy noises the theater makes.

• Weird thing I don't really watch horror that much - I can watch monster movies all night long because I don't think it is real but any possession or mind control movies come on, I think that crap could happen and it does frighten me a bit.

• when i was a kid i would run to my room so monster didn't grab me in the hallway. now i fall asleep on the couch watching them

• The only movie that really truly scared me and messed me up was The Shining. Jack Nicholson was absolutely phenomenal in that movie. Besides that most older horror films are too dated to really scare me, though I still enjoy them and most modern ones are way to predictable and outlandish and rely far to much on horror clichés or gore to really be scary

• There have been two and only two movies that have scared me: The Shining and Ring (or is it The Ring? )

All other so-called scary movies should be filed under comedy. Almost all of them are so silly they make me laugh.

• The Ring dated itself with over-reliance on VHS. It worked well for its time. By the time Ring Two came out, however... it all fell apart. Never saw the Shining. When I first plopped Darkness Falls into my machine at home, I genuinely wanted that movie to work out. But the ending... they screwed the pooch. So obvious it ran out of money. Then there was Hollow Man 2, which couldn't decide if it was a traditional slasher/horror movie or a paranoid action thriller. And somehow, managed to be bad at both - but still managed to have a more interesting story than the first Hollow Man.

• Not really scared, it's just a movie, and most of the victim characters are just being very dumb :P

• I think I would be a little scared sometimes, but then I'll soon realised that meh if they were real I am sure I'll be scaring them away instead :P

• For me it's C... not a big fan of scary movies.
    I'm more into action movies, disaster or war movies. The more realistic the more I like them :D

• You're asking AFTER a scary movie? To be honest I think people don't get scared at all after watching a scary movie. The reason you decided to watch a scary movie in the first place is because you know you have fears, so you wanted to bring all these fears to the surface. After you watched a movie you can only smile. Go to the theatre and watch a scary movie. At the end everyone is coming out with a smile on their face. It's what Wes Graven called to be something like an ''exorcism''

• It depends on if it's one of those "Paranormal Activity" documentary type movies. That can be rather creepy. But if it's a classic movie, then no.

• Not really, horror movies bore me.

• Most scary movies bore me lol

• I don't get scared a lot, unless it's about something I can relate to then I hug my pillow and think it protects me

• I genuinely don't get scared.

• not at all, i thin scary video games are twice as scary as the scariest movie

• i'm the dick the whole way through film going this is fake that real never happened

• Scary movies don't make me scared.

• The only scary things in horror movies for me are the jumpscares. Besides that, just like all films, I just think about how fake everything is.

• I don't get scared from that non sense! But, not much scares me.

• I don't find them scary at all.

• They used to keep me up in terror when I was a kid. Now, they don't bother me.

• Run Nichole!

• You don't really get scared when you root for the bad guy.

What Girls Said 23

• 2|1
  • HOW DARE YOU
    SHE IS NOT BEHIND ME!!!
    YOU'RE A MASSIVE BUTTHOLE!!!

• Horror movies don't phase me at all, in fact I love horror movies. My dad was a HUGE Horror/Sci-fi movie buff, so I grew up with films like "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "Nightmare on Elm Street" and "My Bloody Valentine"... and I mean the originals, not the shitty remakes.

• That's why I never watch them, I know for sure that I'd get way too scared. I'm not gonna put myself through that. Fuck horror movies.

• depends on the type...
    sometimes i am okay sometimes i can't sleep for a week lol

• Only Alien. There was a hole in the wall behind your head in my parents house - no window in it, just this hole that is perfect size for an arm to reach thought and grab you... or an Alien.

This is the only thing that really scares me and has done since I was little.

• NOOO FEEAARRRRR. DON'T LET THE DEMON BITE CLARISAA :P

• I am get some what scared!

• I was testing whether my theory still work, so.. I went to a poll to vote and look for more apples :D

• Oh, lol, you're like alrd know most of the people who are active here :D

• @NormalUser well she use to be!

• I honestly never do...
    I don't remember if I ever did... maybe so... a long time ago.

• I don't typically watch scary movies, but if I do, it's with a winter boy.

• Not as scared as watching innocent people on tv being surprise bombed while being out doing normal everyday things.. shopping, eating... Etc.. m😔😔😔

• They normally don't have too much of an affect on me!

• I usually dont get that scared. The only time I got scared to the point where I couldn't sleep was when I was looking up some innocent photos of the Victorian era and one picture showed up with a woman's head being decapitated her face showed extreme terror. I felt so bad for her and after doing my reaserch, it was a picture from a serial killers album.

• I don't watch scary movies. Bad dreams.

• So scared I don't even want to leave the safety of my blankets on my bed.

• Freddy and Jason are so 1980s. Try watching a video about jury duty instead. Now imagine you get a summons in the mail the next day, and it's the county court.

Just imagine:

- Checking in by a certain time to avoid facing contempt charges, as threatened on the summons.

- Fearing you'll be late because the map make no sense and you have no GPS.

- Airport-like security.

- Being escorted to a creepy basement with total strangers to wait for 3 hours with nothing to do until your group gets called.

- Hear facts of the case you might get selected for. Try not to laugh, no matter how silly a thing you hear.

- During selection hearings, have the defense grill you as if you were the one on trial. Try not to answer anything that could get you a contempt charge, but know those can be very arbitrary/subjective.

And just think: all of this actually *could* happen to you some day. Samara doesn't look so scary, now, does she?

• I'm not scared, I'm amused :D

• It depends on the movie. If it is a paranormal type movie then I'll be paranoid for the rest of the night. I believe in stuff like that.

• Very so I avoid em.

• so scared I'm not watching horror movies at all😂

• Not even a bit

• i cannot sleep after watching paranormal type of movies... even if i watch it early morning

• Is it bad that I laugh when the people die? Everyone in a horror film is so stupid lol

• it all depends on on the type
    paranormal activity i get shit scared but paranormal activity 4 didn't scare me at all?
    but thats about it