All lives matter or French lives matter?

There were a series of deadly bombings last week.. First on was in a Kurdish controlled town of Iraq, second one in Beirut, last one in Paris.
Yet I see media's out cry of injustice over Paris only. It makes me think does anyone else noticed this?

I admit there is so much violence lately in the Middle East that we all tend gloss over them.. I hold the "news" agencies to a higher standard though.
This is directed to the mod who had second thoughts and removed her opinion, why? Did you not like my comment?
Bad call on your part!

Most Helpful Guy

• On the same day as the Tunisia beach attack which captured the world's attention, ISIS infiltrated the recently-liberated city of Kobani, Syria in the garb of the FSA and killed over two hundred people with car bombs, snipers, and death squads roving door to door. This atrocity received almost no attention in the press.

Part of it can be explained as lack of media coverage - there simply aren't any journalists in some of these places to document such things. But part of it, sadly, is that people have come to expect it in these parts of the world, so it gets about as much air time as a tornado in Kansas.

I'd bet there has been more press attention given to Bruce Jenner's plastic boobs than the genocide of the Yazidis in Iraq.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've noticed it. Everyone matters equally.

What Guys Said 19

• I think that it's because in Middle East it happens all the time. In Paris it calls more attention because it rarely happens.

• I noticed a strange similarity in the media coverage of this particular attack on Paris and that of the Hebdo-related shootings... both happened in Paris and received overwhelming media coverage.
    Recent Paris attack - there were the Iraq and Beirut incidents that got little to no coverage;
    Hebdo-related shooting in Paris - thousands killed in Nigeria on the same day by terrorists;

Does the media broadcast events that we would consider high interest because we would consider an attack on a western country to be a bit closer to home? Or is it because we get desensitised to the plights and atrocities that occur in third world countries?

Have a look at the interest graphs displayed in this link: theconversation.com/media-coverage-of-charlie-hebdo-and-the-baga-massacre-a-study-in-contrasts-36225

• All lives don't matter. That is the basic truth of the planet. If a president is assasinated, it will be on the news for three months, but If a normal citizen is killed , even their relatives would hardly give a fuck.

We are living under the fear of Islamic terrorism so much that we have developed a lack of sympathy for the Muslims. So everytime a muslim dies we go like "Oh.. sad" and everytime a non-muslim dies we go like "Oh.. That's horrible."

• Bloodthirsty muslims killing other muslims all the time, but when the governments let them come into the west, they start killing non-muslims instead, so "keep up good work governments".

• The French government has been bombing Iraq and Syria and was a leader in the murder of Khadafy, leading to massive destruction and impoverishment in all these countries, causing untold numbers of deaths.

There is such a thing as blowback, these days, just as happpened in 9/11

Naturally, ordinary citizens are victims, not the French government, that's the tragedy

• ALL LIVES MATTER !!

• They are making a big deal out of it because it happened in Paris. It's a nice form of discrimination.

• France gets attention because it went into lockdown. This matters, because France hasn't gone into lockdown since WWII. If you look at it from the "lives matter" standpoint, then you are entirely missing the point of why news agencies care so much about France.

• If you're looking at it from a 'other people's lives also matter' viewpoint, the French have slaughtered many times more innocent civilians, just in recent years.

For media people in the US, Lebanese, Syrian, Libyan lives aren't counted, nor are they for you, obviously.

• @martyfellow : Which French? I'm pretty sure the French gal I knew in 2006 didn't commit those "slaughters" you speak of. Now, Parisians, I would believe, are capable of anything. However, motives matter too. Why did the French who did what they did do what they did? And what is the motive behind the current terrorists? And are they punishing only those specific French responsible, or are they indiscriminately killing French simply because French aren't Arab Shitlamics?

Bear in mind: to the Islamic world, refusal by another to submit to their cult is automatically "oppression" of Islam. Gotta keep in mind that they use a very different dictionary.

• Good lives matter.

No, most of us Americans don't care about violence in the Middle East. Why should we care about vastly different people who mostly follow the teachings of a pedophile and who practice religious oppression?

The Euros, on the other hand, share many values with the USA, to some degree or another. Ancestry, Western Civilization, freedom of speech and religion. And Euros don't murder each other on a daily basis. Hence, when muslim scumbags start murdering civilians in Paris, most American care much more than muslims butchering each other in the middle east.

• More so Westernized lives matter. As you will see in history and politics. nice post by the way.

• Same answer I gave in a previous question. Most of who are so shocked are those who were shouting ''Welcome Refugees'' until the attack happened. Liberals who support the government's open border policy that allowed thousands of non European people to swarm the country unchecked and unidentified. Thats why there is so much hype about it. Because they didn't expect to find a terrorist attack in their home, where they live and see their utopia of peaceful co existence being disturbed by the reality. It's easier to see something like this from your TV, happening on the other side of the world.

• Your sources are telling you it is the refugees fault? Man you are way ahead of the intelligence community.. Likely thanks to Steve Jobs, son of Syrian immigrant!!

• @TheFlak36 I agree with you 100%!

• So to solve the refugee problem, we should not have bombed people out of their homes? Not invaded and toppled their govt? I agree 100%.

• It's because honestly, and sadly, we're used to violence in the Middle Eat

• It's because honestly, and sadly, since Reagan started his muscle play in the Gulf of Syrte during the seventies we're used to SEND violence TO the Middle East.
      When they put bombs in cars and kill people, they're uncivilized killers. When we put bombs on missiles and kill people, we're upholding civilized values.
      When they kill, they're terrorists. When we kill, we're striking against terror.
      At all times, Americans must be kept fully informed about who to hate and fear. When the United States found Osama bin Laden useful during the 1980s because of his tenacious violence against the Soviet occupiers in Afghanistan, he was good, or at least not bad — but now he's really bad.

Orwellian Logic 101--A Few Simple Lessons
      By Norman Solomon
      fair.org/.../

www.foxnews.com/.../
      But the USAF, the RAF, the French, the Dutch, even the Belgians bomb them.

• Only white deaths matter.

• stop race baiting?

• You must have a pretty ignorant undrestanding of race.

• *know nothing*

• You sir are a true idiot.
      This convo is over! Do not litter thought provoking questions with your rant!

• Well in Islamic regions this stuff is fairly common, while in France it isn't as typical.

• Maybe because you're watching Western news outlets lol.

Pretty sure Middle-Eastern MSM covered the attacks in Lebanon.

• Time for Wonder Woman to take some names!

• What you mean? 😎

• Set those news people straight with your power!💪🏻

• I'm a afraid it's gonna take the Xmen, Fantastic four and all the rest to undo the damage done.
      But I'm an optimist ✌🏻👍🏻

• What a stupid question. All lives matter.

What Girls Said 11

• It's a truth of life and it isn't always easy to hear... but all lives don't matter to everyone. People will always give more attention to those they identify more with. Western countries are gonna give Western countries more attention even if the histories between the countries aren't all positive. Objectively, do these lives lost matter more than other lives lost around the world? No. But attention and support will vary and yes there will be unfairness. We will all cry more for our grandparent who led a full life than the unknown small child who died of child abuse next door. It's heartbreaking to think about, but we all do it. It's our selfish nature to care just about what affects us. There's so much wrong that happens in the world, and we can't possibly dedicate our hearts to it all and still live as functioning individuals.

I am not as much bothered by the amount of attention this is getting than I am of people victim blaming... blaming Islam is also blaming all the victims who were Muslims. My heart goes out to all victims of such atrocities, and I am disgusted by all murderers regardless of whether they're terrorists or not.

• Quite frankly I blame the government for allowing these people in in the first place. They allow these people in and then are soooo shocked that something terrible happens. I think it was all planned out by the Government. Just like there was a woman who was seen at the Sandy Hook shooting, The Boston Marathon bombing and in Paris, who claimed to be the mother of one of the students who got shot, the sister to a man how died in the bombing, AND the sister of a woman who died in Paris. Coincidence? I think not.

• Yeah it's because Paris/France is a first world country, a developed nation that always was thought to be safe - it came so out of a sudden.
    Of course all lives better but bombs exploding in Lebanon or Syria (for instance) is sadly almost the daily norm as they are countries directly affected by the conflict. Everybody knows it's very dangerous and a high risk for attacks there but with nobody was expecting something like this to happen in Europe.
    I think it's mainly because of that, then partly maybe also because unfortunately the media places a higher importance of incidents in developed nations.

• I feel you, ai am from lebanon. And no we don t usually live under bombs so it came as a choc to us too.

• It truly was a Friday the 13th. :(

But I think the media is focusing on Paris just because there were so many people that were killed. But I did see media outlets talk about the other attacks Friday.

• Nope, I've noticed this to. If it does happen in the west the media does not give a shit.

• Yeah i did, such ignorance.

• I noticed it too and I find it appalling that its a bandwagon for people to pray for paris

• No lives matter sadly...

• I thought i was the only one who thought this. People or at least media outlets will be so appalled by this and when it happens to brown people no one cares. Also the international news etc is controlled by people who would only care and talk about this like it is the most devastating tragedy. It is obviously a tragedy but all lives do matter but on a global scale only white lives matter.
    I say if this is awful to you, be appalled when any mistreatment, killing or bombing happens to anyone.

• it's a rare occurance