Are you for the death penalty, and where do you live?

I know this question has already been asked, but I wanted to check if there's a correlation between your views on it and where you live.

• I live in a country where the death penalty is legal, and I'm for the death penalty
  • I live in a country where the death penalty is legal, but I'm against the death penalty
  • I live in a country where the death penalty is illegal, but I'm for the death penalty
  • I live in a country where the death penalty is illegal, and I'm against the death penalty
  • I'm indifferent / See results

Most Helpful Girl

• I live in a country where it's illegal and am totally against it.
    If a sicko like a terrorist who killed 50 people is arrested, why kill them? That seems like such a salvation for them - they should properly suffer for all the terror and grief that they caused.

• Well if you don't believe in God is there nothing worse then non existence. If you do then they will be punished to the full extent by God.

• You go from everything ever. Every hope wish dream. Wonderous ideas. So much beauty to nothing at all. Nothing.

• @Hezigrimm Yeah but you won't be aware of any of that as you just won't exist.
      It will be just like before you were born. I don't see what's so scary about that... I mean you'll be pretty much totally indifferent.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not comfortable with the state having the power of life and death over it's citizens but I could go for a donor card system where you check a box on your driver's license or whatever, "In the event of my murder I would/would not like the person found guilty to be executed".

It would be interesting to see how many people are against the death penalty when it's their own murder they are talking about.

USA

What Girls Said 9

• I support it but only in extreme cases, like criminals, for example the terrorists who killed/beheaded a 15 y/o shepherd in Tunisia one day before the Paris Attack, deserve the death penalty.
    In Tunisia it is legal (my home country) but here in France it isn't.

• It's illegal here in the UK and I'm against it. I feel like the death penalty is just an easy way out for people who have committed heinous crimes. I'd rather see them suffer in jail.

• Undecisive.
    Sure, I agree the criminal deserves to die if he/she kills another being or is a rapist... but why is it "right" for you to kill the criminal and thus take his/her life, but it's not right for that criminal to hurt the victim in the first place.

• Why is it right for a mother to kill something that has not yet even been able to live? To show how it is good. I mean nothing by this just stating that there are grey areas in life. Some are more contradictory and in ethical than others.

• i'm for the death penalty, on the grounds that the person is 100% guilty, and the crime they did has them in jail for the rest of their life, with no chance of bail. just having them sitting around is a waste of money, time and energy. their lives are literally pointless, it would be more merciful.

• I am all for it but than again its kinda sad...

• I am indifferent to it...

• I support it for murderers ONLY

• I think if you murder someone, then you should get killed. A life isn't something you can get back. Forty years in jail won't be enough in my opinion.

• I live in Canada
    I am for the death penalty

What Guys Said 12

• I live in the United Kingdom, where the death penalty was last carried out in 1964 and was totally abolished in law in 1998.

Overall, I am not in favour of the death penalty, because I think that a legal punishment should be able to be compensated for in the event that it has been carried out in error. You can't to any extent compensate a person who has been executed!

That said, I do not feel sorry at all for genuine murderers who are executed. They deserve to die.

So, while I am an opponent of the death penalty, it does not make me upset, which it seems to make most opponents.

• It's on the way out here in he US, where each state has its own stance. I'm for it only for named individuals, such as football fans.

• In the UK, there is no death penalty, and I'm cool with that. If death is the first thing that comes to mind, you're not going about it in the right way.

• Death penalty is stupid.

• I agree. You're not letting those who commit a crime suffer, you just put them to sleep.

• That is true as well, but when they eventually get killed off, they don't know anything anymore, so they don't really get punished.

• And if they're proven innocent after their death, they can't be brought back to life or something.

• The concept of deserving in general is very dangerous. The only thing I really have to say is that if we're killing the killer, we're doing the same action as them. It just seems strange to me.

• I mean in the US we do allow mothers to kill unborn children who hasn't even had the chance to prove how great they would be for our world. So might as well off the ones that proved they are wretched for this world.

• I'm against it.

• no, it's immoral.

• In my state they don't do it, but I'm for the death penalty. There are some really heinous crimes committed by people.

• some people dont deserve to life. we should bring back the firing squad.

• Convicted pedophiles should have lethal injections

• In my country there is no death penalty, but I think it should be legal punishment for murderers, rapists and terrorists.