Why is everyone so obsessed with jawline?

People talk about it and girls swoon over it all the time. I literally don't care one way or another, it's not something I pay attention to or even notice. What's the big deal? What's the appeal? Maybe I'm weird.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm... Honestly I've never taken any attention to it.

If I had to guess a reason why though, it is because men traditionally are associated (facially wise) with hardness and women with softness. A strong jawline is considered a prominent feature. It is often (whether subconsciously or not) related with men and strong facial features.

The thing is though, what people were conditioned to believe as attractive changes for each person. No one was raised the exact same. You aren't weird or anything, it just happens to be preferences.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm with you. In fact I don't even know what your talking about. It's not something I've ever talked about with my gf's or even considered as a factor.

What Guys Said 35

• I think that's one of the top facial features women look for, whether knowingly or not.
    Brings out that "chiseled" definition. It's the opposite of a soft-low testosterone face. Things like that.

The unfortunate truth about us guys is you can't really workout a jawbone lol.

BRB chewing more gum to work jaw muscle.

• Exactly you have to be born with it, women are attracted to a good jawline because it's a sign of good genetics and because it's a masculine trait, luckily we were born with it.

• @Phoenix98 by the way , my high school has the neck curl machine, you know what I'm talking about? I never ever see that thing in the gyms these days.

• Yeah I know that machine, I wish my gym had it I have to use a iron weight and hang off of a bench partly to work my neck.

• Large jaw usually indicates a wide palate, straight teeth, proper breathing posture, and strenuous chewing, meaning a healthy lifestyle and a healthy face.

I'll know you're a liar if you don't find any of the men attractive.

cdn.c.photoshelter.com/.../8809-James-Hyde.jpg

www.viewfromablue.com/.../James-Milner-11.jpg

4.bp.blogspot.com/.../BLOG+013.JPG

www.womenlargejaw.com/.../00007742_1187785833.jpg

i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...2000005DC-167_306x423.jpg

• I must admit the only time I admire a jawline is when I am thinking about a person's fitness not their beauty.

• I really don't know, I don't care about jawline either, it was never important for me...

• its because a jaw line is a masculine trait. same with a cleft chin and prominent brow ridges. when women are in heat they seek these traits subconsciously.

• I dap off to my jawline daily. Gives me such a huge boner. I only watch jawline porn aswell.

• I remember when I was a little skinny, my jawline was actually very prominent but it looked bad on me, maybe if i was well built and had the same body fat percentage it would look great, even now, i have a lean looking face with a bit of a jaw but i think being too chiselled actually looks weird, 10-12% body fat would be the best to be. Take tom cruise for instance, he doesn't have any chiselled or sharp facial features or anything but he is still unarguably in the top 5-6 handsomest men in the world on his worst day

• 4|0
  • I don't know why but I like nice jawlines on girls.

There's this girl who sits across the room from me in one of my classes and I'll ocassonally glance over and admire her jawline. It's very aesthetic.

• Meh, girls don't trully care about that.
    That's just a common caracteristic of models, so people see it on people that make movies, series and stuff... then it started to be a symbol of sexyness and wish around common people.

Yeah, kinda stupid.
    I don't give a F.

• Cool! I'm too out of shape so mine ain't showing LOL

• I don't know why. It's a stupid thing to idolize over.
    I might just start a craze idolizing over girls' knee caps. We're talking body parts after all.

• According to most women a defined, angular jawline is the single biggest factor contributing to an attractive male face.

• When I see a girl with a jawline 😍

• I only notice if a girl has a more defined one than mine.

• What do you like then? Don't take my jawline away from me. I'm impotent without it :P

• I don't know why either tbh...

• It's something people notice more subconsciously , you probably do notice, you just don't think about it.

• A lot of people love a good jaw. I think it's a more prominent feature with men though. Thankfully I was always told I had a nice jaw haha

• Because it's a sign of good genetics usually and because it's a masculine trait among other reasons.

• "People talk about it and girls swoon over it all the time. I literally don't care one way or another, "

You don't date girls so you wouldn't understand. I don't know why, nor do I care to learn. I just enjoy my preference.

• Jawline, Jawbone. ... same same

http://youtu.be/sBhyu1RM32w

• I used to obsess over guys with really nice jawlines. I just always thought it was so masculine and attractive. I used to really want a sharp jawline so I would contour mine to look better ;-;

• People are obsessed with jaw line? Who cares, its a jaw, not much use aside from knocking a guy out.

• I'm not even going to bother explaining it to you. You'll just ignore the facts like you always do Missy.

• I share you opinion... the WHAT line haha 8)

• Some girl at the driver's ed class I went to wanted to take a selfie with a guy there because he had a "beautiful jawline."

I don't get it either.

• i am glad there are some girls that doent care, coz myne is up to Sh*t

• The jawline carves the face. The face carves the girl.

• no fucking clue. I have to like the face as a whole...

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 27

• A strong jawline is indicative of high testosterone and being "manly." That's why it's so popular with straight women for example, but I think it can add to the overall handsomeness of a man's face. It's not the first thing I look forward or swoon over.

• Ehhh if that were the case of high testosterone then women would fawn over hairy bodies... Which most don't.

• @schnipdip Many women like scruff and some body hair, not when they look like bears. ;P

• They're finding that jaw breath has nothing to do with testosterone and has more to do with diet, tongue posture, breathing posture (nasal vs mouthbreathing), and to a lesser degree genetics.

Humans are the only animal on the planet who have crooked teeth, and it's theorized that it's because of our softer diet and poor breathing posture. We all should have near perfectly straight teeth including wisdom teeth, but we don't.

• Nice, big jaw lines are a major factor in whom I find attractive in actors. But when it comes to guys I know, I hardly ever focus on their jaw lines.

• I like jaw lines because it shows the person most likely takes care of themselves.

• They're so sexy. I don't know why. They just are.

www.homorazzi.com/.../...walker-model-behavior.jpg

• I don't think it's a big deal. My sister was crazed over jawlines at one point. It was insane. Bone structure is nice, but not something I can crazy over.

• I can't say I'm obsessed with a strong man's jawline, but if he's got a good jawline it's a plus, not a minus.

• I'm with you lol.

• I've figured out that I like a certain body composition in men - it's not body fat percentage, exactly, but more distribution. Therefore certain hands are unattractive to me, for instance, because they are pudgy or too skinny. The ideal distribution (to me) tends to go along with a certain shape/visibility of jawline.

These guys can be big or really slim, but their body composition (proportionally speaking) is always pretty similar. Let me try to find some examples.

• because they make your face look better.

• No I'm with you, I don't understand it either.

• I guess it's a typical masculine feature. Gives the guy a "manlier" look. Just like guys tend to like curvier girls. It's typically feminine.

• Typically guys with a defined jawline are just more attractive.. But in the end it always comes down to what you personally think makes a guy attractive. For some girls... Like you... Thry Don't really care about their mans jaw line. It's just a matter of perspective.

• Omg I know right?
    I don't get the hype.. :/

• I don't know just looks manly kinda like an Adam's apple. jaw lines and back muscles are my biggest turn ons

• Yeah, you are correct, jawline is simply irrelevant

• Honestly I don't know. I personally don't care about it.

When people go "he has a more defined jawline"... I have a confused look on my face because most times I'm like "what's a defined jawline... looks the same to me."

• Meh, jawline is not important, it's no big deal for me, nothing special :P

• i think defined jawlines make guys' faces look more manly

• as long as it's not a butt-chin I don't care either way.

• I agree. Like come on, why would the friggin jaw matter? I don't know if I have a say in this tho because I don't even get the thing with 6packs on guys.

• You're not weird. I don't see the big deal either. :)

• I never really cared about it either! Until... my boyfriend came along. And damn he has a sexy defined strong jawline alkhgjhkljgjflaskfhfjd *w*

• i've always focused on it, not sure why.
    it's just very important ><

• I don't even like defined jawlines usually. It's weird.

• For me, they don't look good on any guy but still many guys can pull it off. It is a manly feature which is why it attract girls. I barely notice it or pay attention to it too, but there are some guys that I saw irl whose jaw lines grabbed my attention. I just want to trace my hand over them. I imagine maybe if you hold them while kissing this just reminds you that you are with a man? lol

• I like a good jawline mainly because I normally just appreciate the little things.. Even on myself, I don't care about my boobs or whatever, i'm into stomach, bit of ass and legs. On a guy I don't really care about abs, but that's a bonus.. the things I love are shoulder, jawlines and when they're driving and then change gear and their arms are holy fuck..
    But yeah.. just little things I guess :')

• It's not a huge deal, but a strong jawline makes him look more masculine