Would you still drink alcohol if?

Would you still drink alcohol if you never got drunk from it? Does anyone actually just like the taste of it?

• yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I drink alcohol for the taste not for the effects of it, and if you drink it for the effects then you might as wel smoke weed

Most Helpful Girl

• actually it's pretty much just a north American thing about drinking with the sole purpose of getting drunk. there are lots of cultures around the world where having some form of alcohol with dinner is quite common and is just to enhance the taste. i can speak from second hand knowledge, my mom is second generation italian, and she told me her parents would give her and her sisters just a bit of wine with lots water at dinner when they were kids, and then increase the ratio of wine to water as they got older and to increase their tolerance, to teach them how to drink responsibly, and to develop a taste for alcohol.

What Guys Said 26

• I have not been drunk in at least 6 years but I still drink. I think drinking just to get drunk is a sign of massive immaturity. If you invest in a drink that tastes good rather than large quantities of cheap beer drinking takes on a whole new experience.

• drink alcohol... not get drunk... does not compute... system overload system overload explosion imminent

• love the taste of some booze. i'd probably drink much less if there was no buzz from it but i'd still drink

• I drink guinness for the taste... other stuff... for the effects. If there are no effects, then drink more, or chuck it and get something stronger.

• No, I don't like the taste of alcohol.

• I already don't drink alcohol because I think it tastes gross lol

• If alcohol had no intoxicating effects, I wouldn't drink much outside of a few beers (love the bittersweet taste).

• nope, I do it mostly for the effect. there are some which taste good, but I prefer the taste of some other non-alcoholic drinks

• yes it's tasty, I like the taste
    I haven't drunk any for a good while though

• a lot of people do like the taste of it, especially tap beer.

They call themselves connoisseurs, and know how to describe the taste of thousands of different beers.

• I rarely get drunk from it. I love beer and wine for the taste.

• There are some I like the taste of

• Liking the taste of it is the only reason I drink it now, I'm well past the days of drinking to get drunk.

• I like the taste. I'm not a fan of lemonade

• I don't drink alcohol.

• i don't drink

• Rum and Coke is the best taste in my eyes. so yeah, i would still drink if i couldn't get drunk

• I like the taste, and I don't drink to get drunk...

• Sweet, I can drink more risk free. I'd be such a hard ass. Haha.

• interesting results

• dont drink any way much haha

• I love the taste of beer,, and Johnny walker black label... I drink that straight

• I don't drink it anyway... So no I wouldn't.

• I drink for the effect, I don't care what it is as long as it gets me there. Don't like sugary shit

• No. It tastes like shit brah.

• Yea, I can't really drink stuff that tastes gross even if it gets me drunk, so the stuff I do drink actually tastes kinda nice to me. But if it didn't get you drunk then it wouldn't have alcohol in it and thus wouldn't have that bite to it that people generally find unpleasant as I imagine drinks would be even nicer.

You've just got to find things you like.

What Girls Said 16

• I have actually never gotten drunk before, but I only drink things I think taste good, so I wouldn't care if I didn't get drunk.

• I am afraid might start crying.

• I don't drink alcohol for religious reasons, but even if my religion allowed it I wouldn't do it, I don't find any virtue in Alcohol consumption and the smell is awful. Plus my friends told me the taste isn't the best neither.

• Yes, but I don't drink to get drunk anyway
    And plus there are a few drinks that taste good. Wine, beer, cocktails (because of the fruit aroma) etc.

• I'm not a fan of alcohol either way. So no.

• I don't drink.. but I sure would if i'd not get drunk from it

• Yes, I don't drink to get drunk anyway. I don't drink much alcohol either.

• Nope, never liked it.

• Nah I want it to get tipsie.
    The taste is whatever don t hate it don t like it.

• I wouldn't drink it either way.

• I would probably drink more.

• Yeah the taste of wine is so delicious

• Makes little difference since I rarely if ever drink alcohol.

• There are some I like the taste like wine and rum concoctions. I can't drink because of my meds which could get anyone buzzed more than liquor.

• Alcoholic beverages only taste bad if you're drinking swill to get drunk. If you're drinking good stuff to savor, it's mote like trying out different high quality recipies, except they took years to complete in some cases.

• I only drink to get a buzz or tipsy or sometimes to get drunk. Especially the harder stuff doesn't taste good and few wines are genuinely tasty to me