What do you think life would be like if slavery never happened?

Hmm

Most Helpful Guy

• Slavery never did stop. Go check Africa. Slavery has been there for thousands of years. The African slave trade sold hundreds of thousands of slaves to slavers who mostly took them to central and south america, and the Barbary Slave trade in the days of Colonial America enslaved over 1.25 million White Europeans in Africa.

• There are white slaves in Africa, rn?

• The Barbary slave trade, from the time of Colonial USA, etc. Over 1.25 million whites were enslaved by north African slavers.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know, I can't really imagine it. I do see myself in Africa somewhere though, haha. I hate that there are a lot of my ancestors that was beaten and killed because of it. But, I love that I have many friends of different races and that we can share culture, music, knowledge , etc... with everyone else.

• So, if you could choose to never have slavery happen and let races stay separated, would you?

What Guys Said 5

• It's really impossible to speculate. Slavery has been happening all over the world for thousands of years by pretty much every race, and there are still cases of it that pop up now and then... If it had never existed, the same work that slaves did probably would have been done by people who got paid far less than they deserved.

• People would be more accepting and people wouldn't claim you're racist just for painting your wall one colour and not the other

• Something else just as or more shitty would've happened cuz there were a lot of idiots back then.

• The guys I work with wish it'd never been abolished

• I wouldn't have gone to the 50 Cent concert a few months ago

What Girls Said 9

• It's hard to think about, but I know for sure the economy back then wouldn't have been as wealthy and I wouldn't be here since I have distant black ancestry.

Unfortunately, it happened and we, as a nation, need to make amends with our past and move on, quit dwelling on it but never forget what happened. Learn from our mistakes.

• Even if it were possible for slavery to not happen, racism would exist in other forms and people wouldn't treat each any better.

• everything would be the same.

• Africa wouldn't have suffered all these years like they have. And all the black people and their ancestors would not be in the Caribbean, Latin America and the U. S etc and would still be in Africa most likely. Maybe less racism as well. People are afraid of different of what is different than themselves, but racism arose out of slavery, Africans were not enslaved because people were racist.

• I've wondered the same thing, but I guess if slavery hadn't happened, then you & I wouldn't be here questioning such thing. I kinda wish we had like an alternative world just to see how we'd turn out had slavery never happened.

• Slavery? Aren't we all slave of something?

• That depends. Do you just mean slavery in the United States, or slavery in general.

• You're trying to start something aren't ya? 😂

My theory is that the U. S. economy would have been slower to develop, but in the long run we'd all be happier.

(I'm assuming you are referring to American slavery)

But if you are referring to all slavery... who knows? It goes back thousands of years. It would go against mans basic nature and desire for control and power to not try to enslave a human being. Sadly enough.

But lets have a go at it. The Pyramids probably wouldn't have happened... Joseph wouldn't have saved Egypt... thats all I have at the moment. As far as how people would be today, no clue.

• Blacks wouldn't have an excuse to sit and do nothing all day on welfare.