Why are some people still on this website, even though they constantly troll/make offensive posts?

Isn't it a violation of the rules? How have people not been deleted or frozen, when all I see from them is sexist/racist/trolling/offensive/derogatory/provocative? Their posts are never deleted, even though heaps of people must report them, because they're just awful.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because moderators can't see every single question, opinion, or comment... Plus they can always just mske another account.

• But when it's always the same distinctive users that make repeatedly sexist/racist/trolling posts?

• Thanks for MH :)

• And hopefully your problem as well as mine will eventually be resolved.

What Guys Said 6

• because whats a troll to you (disagreeing) is not a troll in reality. also what you find offensive is likely just the truth.

• This question is futile. Might as well ask why do some people act badly.

Well because they do and they can. Simple.

• Well, my question was, how have they not been frozen or deleted if they keep violating the rules?

• I meant to say that even if the gad admins delete their accounts, they're still going to make new ones. And again, most rude and offensive posts are anonymous.

• Even anonymous posts can get accounts frozen

• What's offensive to you may not be offensive to others. I've had people cry foul because I did not agree with them. Then threaten to report. I simply stated my opinion. They just didn't like what I had to say. Me, I don't care if people troll, or give pointless answers. At least they provide some amusement.

• It's not things like that. It's when you see repeatedly sexist/racist/trolling posts from the same users all the time.

• I don't mean possibly offensive to some. I mean seeing posts from the same users constantly saying that women or men are dirt/scum/beneath them, same for other races.
      Then the ones that are obviously trolls, and are always from the same users.
      All these posts stay, never get deleted, and the users always post, so they're obviously not frozen. Then someone else will say something mildly offensive (like me on a former account), and suddenly get frozen and banned.

• It's how they phrase it. You say something
      bluntly with derogatory words, you'll get a warning or banned. Phrase something in a "backhanded compliment" sort of way without derogatory terms and nothing will happen. It's not what you say, it's how you say it. And if you got deleted without any prior warnings, I highly doubt it was "mildly offensive".

• Freedom of speech?

• So why are other accounts frozen, or posts deleted, while some people just keep doing it?

• Butthurt liberal mod, I guess.

• They like to defile things. Violating the rules counts.

• cool... it's a free world.

What Girls Said 1

• You can look over the rules here http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts If you think that a post violates the rules you can totally flag it yourself or contact any of the moderators to look it over.

You can PM me and we can look things over together if that will help?

• I've done that before.
      I've even had an account frozen (and never unfrozen, I ended up deleting it), because I made one slightly offensive post. Granted, I didn't think it through, and some of my comments weren't nice, but I got no warning, and just a few notices all at once that I was flagged for being offensive, and then that I was frozen.
      I just don't think it's fair that admins or mods crack down so harshly on some, and others get nothing for being so awful.

• Okay so this is how freezing works. A moderator sees someone posting something against the rules, so they flag it. But then they see something else on another post and then another post, so they freeze the account because the person is breaking a lot of rules. Then the admins will get around to looking through the flags and the person's post history and decide whether or not to unfreeze the account.

All of this depends on a moderator actually seeing the first post though. So if you don't tell someone or report things yourself, nothing will happen because no one will know.

Another issue is that some people come back again and again under slightly different usernames and it takes a little while for people to realize that they're not using the same username.