I am scared that Isis will attack more places. Is that pathetic?

I know this might seem stupid but ever since I saw what happened in Paris I am scared. I even have nightmares about it. I live in the city. Close to some pretty important buildings. I know I seen paranoid. I have anxiety. Even with my medicine I have been afraid.

I should mention I watch some really scary movies and they do not make me have nightmares and keep me up at night.

Most Helpful Guy

• Attacks on big cities are very rare and its unlikely that they'll have a chance to do such a horrendous act again. The police is extra vigilant, the intellengence is working 24/7

Most Helpful Girl

• Being afraid of yourself being in the situation is a little extreme. Statistically it is very unlikely especially with everyone being on high alert. After September 11th there were many small attacks that were attempted but foiled because 1) they knew they could never pull off something that big again and 2) everyone was on high alert and knew better what to look for.
    As for the general likelihood of there being more ISIS (or similar) attacks, I believe it's unreasonable for us to not expect them. The success and the scale are the true questions.
    We are in World War 3 and have been for years. But it will take looking back at this time in history for it to be referred to as such.

What Guys Said 16

• It depends where you live. If you live in America (especially if you live on the west coast of the United States) you don't have to be too afraid. Though it is not impossible as we've seen with the Boston Marathon, it has become very hard to execute large-scale terrorist attacks on American soil. If, however, you live in western Europe, I can fully understand your fear. I live in a neighboring country of France. From where I live to Paris it's only around 4,5 hours by high speed train. Though we're not a big target of terrorists due to our political neutrality, one can never be sure. I would lie if I told you that I'm not scared. In fact, I'm not really scared about myself but I'm very worried about my loved ones, especially my girlfriend. If I die, that's okay. If something happens to her... I don't even want to think about it. But see, other people here are right when they say that worrying doesn't really help. It doesn't change anything. And it's also not the emotion that we should show to these terrorists. ISIS wants us to be scared and angry. Don't make it so easy for them. Europe and America can stand together and win this peacefully. I am convinced that our civilized world with its democracy, freedom, solidarity and its civil rights and humanitarian values is superior to any form of violence.

• What !!! Do you think terrorist give a rats but how civilized and advance our society is? 9/11 answers this question all on its own. They have made their threats known world wide , they say they are coming here again. I don't think DC will be the only target , I think that will be a diversion or smoke screen to hide the bigger picture. I'm just an old man around this site that few pay attention to and that's all good by me. That's just my opinion

• I can appreciate the notion that endurance can pay off , but in all honesty I just can't subscribe to the notion that these are a rational people that can be reasoned with. Look at the states that have decided that allowing refugees in just isn't worth the risk of having terrorist implant with them. We as a nation applause the wants to help these people but at what cost to the hand of charity? We are in fact dealing with a cult hell bent on destruction.

• I'll check it out

• Isis are scared. They aren't that powerful on their own and these attacks were from do it yourself terrorist that happen to be Islamic state. No orders were sent to do it they are taking credit for it as they would. They want us angry they want us hostile because if we do that they are strong. They want us to be scared of Muslims so we have a war. They said there's no grey area you're either with us or against us and they want a world war 3 to become powerful. More info depth type in the project on Facebook it's an Australian news at evening show very well spoken

• That's perfectly reasonable, just don't let it sweep into paranoia, i'm British, i live in the south west, but i go to a city every day for college, so i'm concerned for the capital, but also worried if ISIS will pick a more vulnerable target. so don't worry too much, it's okay to think about it, it is by no means pathetic

• They will kum for ma deek next. Im shure of it. They are hungry for the D and there thirst aren't satisfied yet.

• No I think they prefer to Fuck goats lol

• It's a somehow realistic concern, don't get me wrong. We can never fully predict where the next attack will come from. However, we have think and act based on probabilities, right?

The truth is, living in a big city, you have a much greater chance of being attacked by a burglar that wants your wallet than of being an ISIS victim. Sorry, not trying to make you more paranoid.

• You can't live your life in fear of them, thats letting them win, they are called terrorists because fear is their primary weapon, take that away and you are just left with murderers, which while awful we know what to do with

• I'm scared that they will kill more innocent people. I'm not scared that I will be among them, just that it will happen

• It's always possible but just like many other diasters so don't worry about it or you don't have a live

• No, cause it has a high chance of happening again in some form, unless the "world" does something about this issue.

• Makes me sad to hear this from civilians and there is nothing I can do about it :(

• No, it's not pathetic. It's a legitimate fear.

• It's not stupid to fear another ISIS attack, it's realistic.

• "... you may now make your closing points", the judge stated with the utmost authority.
    Jehmal stood up, representing himself you almost felt bad for him, his thick glass wet with sweat yet his body was stable and showed no fear. "I killed 26 men on a bus", he stated as made the last few steps towards the jury. "I planted the bomb, i pushed the trigger, and i watched them die".
    A slight sick smile crept across his face as he though of the day. How he had sttod by the door of the bus and watched, watched as the business men, the poor, the old, and the children boarded the bus. He continued to stand there, as if thinking or maybe unable to speak.
    "three more minutes", the judge broke the silence.
    Jehmal to exploded in the most horrendous laugh. He felt the emotion surge up from somewhere deep inside of him and explode with a ferocity that he had never known before. He couldnt help himself as he made his way closer to a particularly weak looking member of the jury.
    "I pushed the trigger, i watched them die", he repeated with a level of insanity never before seen becoming apparent in his voice. Again he burst in to laughter, his very mind seemed to explode, uncontrollably he laughed at the very face of the jury member and who soon began to turn sick.
    It was amazing, as if the energy and stress of his whole life had been balled up into one great laugh. He was uncontrollable, and the courtroom was dead silent.
    He stopped. Silence. He turned and looked straight in to the eyes of the men and women gathered in the court. He turned and looked at the camera's that, for this special occasion, had been allowed in to see justice in action. He turned and looked millions of Americans in the eye and with an even voice he smiled and said, "I'm not the only one"

• I was just a boy when the infidels came to my village in their Blackhawk helicopters. The infidels fired at the oil fields and they lit up like the eyes of Allah. Burning oil rained down from the sky and cooked everything it touched. I could only hide myself and cry as my goats were consumed by the fiery black liquid death. In the midst of the chaos, I could swear that I heard my goats screaming for help. As quickly as they had come, the infidels were gone. It was on that day I put a jihad on them. And if you don't believe it, then you'd better kill me now, because I'll put a jihad on you, too.

• I was just a boy on bus. I didn't know who they were nor did i know what they wanted.
      Men in black.
      My bus stopped. Men shouted for him to keep driving. "Another border?" i thought as i looked out of the window and saw the armed men.
      The Men in black.
      It soon became obvious something was up. My father, my mother, my sister, and even the men beside me began to shout and cuss like i had never heard before. One man made a move towards the cockpit of the bus. He froze.
      The men in black came.
      We left the bus. Some, like me not knowing what was happening. Others must of known for fear ran across their face like and froze it like a puddle on a cold day.
      The men in black were armed.
      I soon found myself and many others crouched by the bus. A man in black was yelling at my father. The woman who was sitting next to me, the woman who's face was covered, tried to get up and flee. There was a loud pop and she fell to the ground amidst our screams.

• The men in black held me firmly.
      I was positioned across from the first person in the line that stretched across the dusty highway.
      A man in black ran his blade.
      I screamed as hot, thick, blood spurted out from the mans neck and splattered my face. I tried to close my eyes, i tried to run, i tried to escape, but the men in black held me firmly.
      The men in black moved me down the line.
      I screamed and cried as the man drew a thin line across the mans neck and i was again showered. Blood began to draw a line in across the road.
      I saw a man die.
      I felt a mans blood.
      I wailed and cried.
      The men moved me down the line, in front of my father now.
      I felt his head hit my small body.
      The men moved me down the line, in front of my mother.
      It happened again.

There is no reason in explain in detail everything that happened that day in Syria. We have all seen the

• video. Now i know why they did what they did, now i know who those men in black were.
      But i still dont understand their ways.
      Why did they kill the woman next to me on the bus? What had she done to them?
      Why did they kill my family? It was our first time in Syria.
      Why did they kill my fathers research partners? They hadn't done anything.
      Why did they kill them in front of my eyes. Why did the kill. Why did they kill. Why do they show their supposed righteousness through the use of violence? Why dont they communicate. Why dont they talk, why do they only use guns and bullets and bombs? Why is it that they use men like cattle, like slaves, like canon fodder? Why is it that men follow in their ways and trust them? Why is it that they kill.

I didn't know who those men were. But they killed my family anyway.

• They've said they're going to attack the U. s "at it's core", that means, Washington D. C.

• No it isn't. ISIS has said that france is one of its main targets.

Stay safe.

What Girls Said 9

• Try to stay strong, by being afraid your doing exactly what they want. They are called terrorist because their goal is to cause terror in others.
    Just know that I and many others get really pissed off by what they do to innocent people and there are hundreds of soldiers and veterans who would love a chance to take on one of those sorry souls. There are people out there willing to die to protect you and your country and are working very hard to do so.

• It's perfectly natural, darling. Try not to let it consume you though. Do you have an appointment with your therapist coming up? If you don't, you should make one.

• Although the France attack was more "close to home" for us Europeans/westerners, there's no reason to start being paranoid that they'll attack you next. There's not much you as a person can do about it anyway, if it happens. Panicking won't help you or anyone else.

• I'll add that it's way more likely that you'll get run over by a car or something, than being killed by ISIS.

• @Dave20154 normal maybe, but worrying about stuff you have no control over is a waste of time and unnecessarily stressful.

• But it's still a reality

• 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• This IS the point of terrorists, isn't it? It is NORMAL to feel fearful so you can talk to someone about it to help deal with it.

• Yes, but when they actually carry out with their plans, it kind of sets off reality. There's a diff. between a threat, and actually doing it. THEY ACTUALLY DID IT

• Where I'm from we're also on ISIS' hitlist and I also live where they'd hit, but I don't really dwell on it

• No its a reasonable assessment.

• I am scared to sometimes.. I live in amsterdam really in the city.. I dont know if im being paranoid eather. Its just on my mind.. Do i need to worry in amsterdam?

• I'm scared of the same thing