Why do Muslims say they're all about peace, yet in the bible it says "kill the infidel"?

Most Helpful Guy

• same way christians claim to be about peace yet the bible says kill people if they eat shellfish or forget to trim their sideburns.

• So far you're the only one who has actually answered the question, thank you

• @Hezigrimm are you claiming christians ignore the old testament? You should probably tell that to the christians who try to hang the ten commandments in every public building, or cite Leviticus as a valid reason to oppose gay marriage and contraceptives..

• Well I am saying that I am Christian and I only follow the teachings of Jesus. As well everything in the new testimant.

What Girls Said 9

• There's no such thing as free kill rules in the Bible. Ditto for the Quoran. It's just people who misinterpret the teachings of the book. I'm studying religion and I can't tell you that the 2 years of school I had, no professor ever confirmed that murder is justified by God. Muslims aren't murderers, Islamists are. Not the same thing.
    Dont criticize something you don't know, or at least something you don't know in depth.

• Kill thy neighbor if he works on Sunday.

• Islamists do the same with the Quoran. That's why I said don't make assumptions on things you don't know much about.

• Why do I bug you so much? Why do you get so offended, huh? I know enough to express my little knowledge and correct. I'm expressing my beliefs and what I know because a question was asked.

• These killers are to the muslim world what "Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold" are to the US.
    Do a few crazy killers represent an entire society?
    Certainly not.

As you are not recognizing yourself in violent racist policeman, or teenagers. You have same religion, same cuture, you may have been in same university as these guys? yet they are different...

The true muslim world does not recognize themself in these killers.

• I am not sure... maybe they just express outrage

• Irony...

____________

• Funny how no one is easy to categorize, hey? It's almost like every person is complex and nuanced.

• Its about peace alright but the peace you get when all your enemies lie dead in mass graves.

• Because murder is a major sin in Islam.

• They don't read the bible... what a fail. Not that I was accepting anything more from someone like you

• Says the anonymous answerer

• I'm good, it ain't hypocritical

• Well then clearly you need more than just a moment...

• are u a muslim? if you are, i have a question... I can't answer that I am not a Muslim

PS: muslims don't read bible? i got confuse at first reading it.

• Sounds like you are one

• Oh really? by repeating it again when i said no already. whatever.

• I'm just sayin'

What Guys Said 16

• Muslims read the Quran...

• Muslims don't have a bible tho?

• Religion is delusional, and the apple doesn't fall far from the Tree when it come's to religion, hell it just may land into the hands of Adam and Eve; you know because the snake persuaded them into catching it.

lol

• what does the bible have to do with muslims

• Muslims don't read the bible..

• I am going to say that you mean the Quoran. Actually in the first book and the very begining it teaches that one should clothe He who needs it and feed those who do as well. So at first it was about being peaceful. Then later in years something happened, not sure what, when the second book or part was written it was said that they should kill the infidels. Not too sure as to why. It may be due to some others treating them poorly of possibly just a miss direction.

• The only difference between a moderate Muslim and a radical Muslim is the radical one will kill you while the moderate one will simply turn his head while he does it.

• Of course you never know which person is of what extreme, right?

• Why are people so ducking obsessed with Muslims on here

• Fucking

• Not when they've threatened to attack your country

• Isis is threatening to attack, not Muslims generally. It's like making an opinion on white people because hitler were white. It's retarded.

• This is such a trap topic it's not even funny.

• Quran =/= Bible.

Seriously people...

• because they are trying to convince themselves that they are not the same religion as ISIS

• Show me wear in the Bible is says to kill people. Show me.

• Quaran, same diff.

• In THEIR bible

• It's not the same at all. If it were the same, then Islam and Christianity would be the same religion. You still didn't show me where it says to kill people. You just said the Quran. Not where IN THE QURAN.

• They are about peace. They kill all infidels or force them to convert so they can have peace.

• They're fuckin nuts

• The moment I saw "Muslims" and "bible" in the title I stopped taking this question (and you) seriously.

• All abrahamic religions are FALSE. Though not every aspect is false.

Judaism is blatantly copied from the Egyptian religion among others.

Christianity and Islam are blatantly copied as well. Islam only spread because of the Arab armies... Christianity only spread because of violence and political propaganda as well.

• Dude, you do know egyptians believed in many gods. Jews were the first to believe in only one. I'm Jewish, I'd know

• Jesus was Jewish, turned his back on us

• There were many egyptian religions, and one of them propounded monotheism before Judaism.