Agree or disagree with this statement: fighting over religion is like fighting over who has the better imaginary friend?

-Yasser Arafat, leader of the Palestinian Liberation Organization.

• Yes and I am non-religous
  • No and I am non-religous
  • Yes but I believe in a religion
  • No and I don't believe in a religion
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No. All the monotheistic religions believe in God. There's no argument over that. Jews have Moses as their prophet, Christians have Jesus as their prophet, Muslims have Muhammad as their prophet. Moses is older than Jesus, who is older than Muhammad. There is no argument about if these men existed or not- it's just different groups of people believe that God worked primarily through different prophets. It just so happens that Jews believe in the older guy and Muslims believe in the younger guy. So from my point of view, none of the religions are better, they're just a bit different.

I think the main issues regarding religion today is how it fits into culture, particularly Western culture. It gets even more difficult when trying to bring about changes (in the name of democracy) to countries that are really not open to cultural mixing.

What Guys Said 12

• Religion is outdated and useless
    All religion does atm is make people kill other innocent people

so much blood shed's becuase of religion its insane, and even now while there is proof to basically destory every religion, people refuse to listen and simply ignore the facts
    in my opinion is it a disgrace that people refuse facts in order to have faith in thier lord

• I think that's correct but I also understand that when children are brought up being told a particular thing us true by close family, teachers and friends who they trust, they will strongly believe that to be true.

This is where I feel the problem lies. It creates an us vs them mentality which transcends generations.

• I can say from my experience that it keep people seperated and we are all human. I don't think no religion or politics should stop people from coming together. I can say if I met the love of my life. I definitely wouldn't let religion keep us from being together for example.

• Yes, it's completely true :D

• This is the same Yassir Arafat who wrapped himself in Islam as it suited him, right? :P

• Yeah pretty much lol hah except evolution has way more evidence than creationism ever has.

• Wow he said that.
    So true.

• Rather who has more insane imaginary friend.

• Nobody every got killed over an imaginary friend.

• I think you messed up on the vote choices.

• He actually said:

"All religious wars are about people arguing over who has the biggest invisible friend."

Invisible is not at all the same as imaginary and biggest does not mean exactly the same as better.

• Assad: President of the Syrian nation

"I believe that I need to mass murder my own people"

Next Hitler

What Girls Said 7

• I agree. How about we all just believe in who we want/not want to believe in, respect one another's decisions, and move on with our lives?

• It depends on the person... And how they perceive religion.

I've never really seen people fight about whose religion is best, though. o. O

• Yes and I am non-religous I believe in science

• Yes, it's so true :P

• I doubt a Palestinian said that.

• I disagree.

Power and resources are what people fight over, not religion itself. People could wake up to find there was no religion and war would keep being waged every day.

• Not that who has a better friend but who has the truer one.