Does it happen to anyone else?

I carry around a heavy backpack to school full. My back started hurting one evening and I don't know it's from the bag. It hurts to turn my back or bend. 😳 Please don't tell me it's just me?

Most Helpful Guy

• As a real backpacker a heavy bad fitting pack can cause all kinds of trouble. Real quality backpacks are fitted and have suspension in the harness that transfers weight to the hips. Packs are fitted by torso length. You measure from the prominent bone at the base of your neck to the top of the pelvic bone. It has nothing to do with how short or tall you are. Some are short trunked and others tall. Women's packs differ in the way the shoulder harness is shaped (to clear the breasts) and the shape of the hipbelt whis is more conical. My favorite pack maker is Osprey. You just need a better day pack and you'll be amazed at the difference. Look on their site and they'll have exactly what you need along with a fit guide. Ask your parents to get you one for Christmas.

• Yeah maybe my back is worn out. I used it again this year maybe that may be the reason?

• So what's the purpose of it really?

• A better pack? So you won't get sore and hurt carrying the things you are carrying

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes this happens to me.

What Guys Said 3

• it's most likely from your back pack. i remember when i was in school this was an issue that people started noting.

try to reduce the number of books you take home and carry from class to class. i tried to figure out a good routine that i could stop at my locker and get only a few books so i wasn't lugging them all

• Thing is you probably had time to get to class. My school is two story full of people like around 2000 people with hallway so crowded I don't think I would have time to get to class by 5min

• well i doubt it's cool but you could get one of those roller things. the bags on wheels

• Oh geez I have to go upstairs that will make things complicatef

• na itll go
    filler

• Try lying on the floor. That should help. And reduce the weight of your backpack.

What Girls Said 2

• Happened to me, I got a rolling backpack. #heavybiologytextbooks

• This is exactly why i tell my maids/driver to bring my backpack for me when i was still at school