I think this is a bad idea?

My girlfriend is on fluoxetine for depression, anixety/panic attacks & also self harms from time too time, and now she has decided to come off her medication even though she has been on it for a few years, I don't think it's her decision to decide, it should be her doctor. I don't know what I can do? Also if she did decide to come off it what are the side effects?

Most Helpful Girl

• The best thing you can do is convince her to see her Dr. about it, but in the end its really her choice...

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be bad. I take drugs in that class and you have to stair step down off of them. If she's still harming her meds need adjusting and if you catch her harming then you need to call 911 and have them pick her up to be evaluated. If you don't you're an enabler. Psychiatrists make pacts with their patients that the patient promises to seek help if they feel like harming themselves or someone else

What Girls Said 3

• it is legally her choice but I recommend you sit her down and gently explain that you only want what's best for her and you think she has been doing great so far but she should first see a doctor before coming off her medication. also as her boyfriend you seem like the most loving boyfriend ever by the way just by asking this question but make her feel beautiful and amazing because that's all she needs reslly

• Of course she needs to see a doctor.
    Why doesn t she wanna check though?
    It s for safety and well being

• Def need a doctor but it is her decision

What Guys Said 2

• How long have you two been together?

• Everyone is different, but I quit that shit cold turkey 4 years ago and felt better after doing so. It might make her a little more emotional until she balances back out. But that could take a week or two.