Do you consider yourself more or less insecure when in a relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm probably about the same. However, it also depends a lot on the guy and how secure he makes me feel. The guy's actions will lead me to feel more or less secure with him and the relationship as a whole. So, it depends on different factors.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm the same as I always am stable, though when I am with someone it makes me want to better, as anyone who I choose to be with, deserves the best version of myself I can give though I'm not going to try to be perfect, no such thing, just gotta be yourself but your good self.

• Yeah I'm practically the same way.

• Thanks for the MHO.

• You're welcome :)

What Girls Said 17

• When I was single I was like, "Yeah, I know I'm awesome."

I'm in a relationship now and it's just like, "Hey, you think I'm awesome too? Damn straight you got that right!"

I'm less insecure when in a relationship I guess, but I'm not really insecure to begin with. So if 1-10 was the scale of insecurity/confidence and 10/10 was untouchable then I'd be 10/10 when in a relationship and like 9/10 when single.

• Lol someone's confident :P

I meant more like... do you feel insecure in the sense that you don't want to lose your relationship?

• No... I'm pretty confident in that, too. It's been 4 years. He's pretty much stuck with me. Or I with him. Whichever way you want to look at it.

I never hid my idiosyncrasies from him so it's not like I could really do much anymore to scare him off. He entered our relationship with his eyes wide open lol he knew what kind of nonsense he was signing up for. :P

It's pretty safe to say that if our relationship ends it will be I who would be doing the ending.

• Ooh 4 years, good luck to you guys :D

• less. definitely less.
    the reason is because he brings out the best in me, i work harder to improve myself and when i do that, my confidence improves dramatically.

• Same for me, but apparently some people become more insecure because they think they might lose it all :o

• that makes sense too. some people feel like they have to be perfect for their partner all the time in fear they might lose them. =/

• Possibly more. If he is a great guy and his absolutely everything I've ever wanted in a partner, it will make me really insecure. The vulnerability, the amount and time you've invested, you don't really know if they feel the same way with you until you are with them for quite sometime.

• Yeah that's what I was getting into, kind of like an insecurity caused by the fear of losing it all :o

• WHY DOES LOVE HAVE TO BE A BATTLE FIELD SOMETIMESS!!! 😰😭 well zorro this sucks hardcore. I guess having faith in them and the relationship can really help. But yeah it sucks if the future is unpredictable. It is anyways lol but it would be amazing if we were able to have a glimpse in the future

• Okay I've never been in a relationship so I can't 100% answer this.

But when I like someone (and they show they might be at least a bit fond of me in return) I become less secure actually. I guess because I just assume they're going to leave me and I feel like I have something to lose... something that I don't WANT to lose.

• Also just realized that said insecure not secure. I need to go back to sleep. So I guess more insecure then. :p

• You're confusing me linky!!! It said secure not insecure lol... what do you mean? :P

So you'd get more insecure? We both need to go to bed now lol

• Yes i would get more insecure in where I stood with the person. Because when feelings get invested I just assume im going to get fucked over and left since that's what always happens lol

• I consider myself more secure when not in a relationship!

• Hmmm...

I haven't been in a relationship in so long. Back when I was in one, I wasn't insecure. But after being cheated on in both relationships, I can say that I probably will have some insecurities in my next relationship.

• hmmm.. is nervousness in the beginning insecurity? if so, more so at first, then ok after.

I suppose.

• I wouldn't say being nervous is insecurity lol... it's more like a sense of excitement and unpredictability if anything :P

• no, it's more of a 'I'm going to be sick, of nooo!' kind of nervousness :/

lol

• *oh no

• Depends on what it is, I've personally never been in a relationship so I wouldn't know, but I dont think id have any problems with insecurity.

• It depends how he is treating me actually. :)

• Depends on the day. Sometimes i feel more insecure some other times i feel less insecure

• Uff I am really insecure about that, reason why I ve never been in relationship

• So you'd get more insecure in a relationship? :o

• And I look like I'm 25, it's why we click so well little one :D
      Maybe I am... it's one of the ways I'll get you to open up haha

• lol ok :p

• Probably more insecure.

• It doesn't change for me. Sometimes I will feel less insecure but 99% of the time it's the same.

• What kind of things do you get insecure about? If you don't mind saying that is..

• I really don't get that insecure at all. If I do it's usually over something big, I've only had two relationships and every time I've felt insecure they've been cheating so it's now become like a warning beacon for me. But nothing ever really triggers it, it's usually just a gut feeling.

• I'm assuming I'd be more secure?

• Apparently some people becoming more insecure because they don't want to lose what they now have in their relationships.

• Let's see if I can rephrase lol

Let's say you love your boyfriend/husband so much and find them perfect in every way to you... it's possible that you feel like you don't deserve him or he's too good for you and that creates a new sense of insecurity.

• Ohhh. I think that's common early on in the relationship.

• less
    ***************

• so true ehehe

• More insecure in my last relationship but that's because I was with the wrong guy. He picked every little thing about me apart.

What Guys Said 8

• i'd say less insecure while in a relationship

• More for sure. The confidence goes up , emotional stability is built up.

• Definitely less. If a woman is actively going out with me it's because she wants me as I am. What do I have to be afraid of at that point?

• I was listening to this show on the radio and they mentioned different types of insecurity... in this case, it's more like you love your relationship so much that you start being insecure about losing it all.

• Hmm as soon as we start worrying about losing our partners we set ourselves on the path of losing them in my experience.

• I don't know Tbh

• Secure with random bouts of insecurity mixed in her and there.

• what movie is that from again?

• I'm not sure if it affects me. I would assume that I'm less insecure.

• Much less insecure