Do you think Isis could really take down the US, or do you think they are screwed?

I have my fears of Isis. However I think America is a very strong place. I think they will be taken down. Hopefully soon.

• Yes
    32% (8)28% (11)29% (19)Vote
  • No
    68% (17)72% (29)71% (46)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
11|28

Most Helpful Guy

• The might of the American military is unmatched. We have the largest and one of the most sophisticated navies, air force, and armies. More importantly, Americans are crazy and unpredictable. Many Americans own guns; it would be quite difficult to defeat America and/or invade. There's a reason why America has the reputation of being the crazy wild, "Cowboy." Not only that, if you think the IEDs are bad in the Middle East, imagine what American ingenuity can come up with. Yes, we may get some attacks on us, but it will be quite difficult to take down this country with their limited resources.

4|2
    1|0
    • You can't take down rogue guerrilla type operations with traditional force. Intelligence agencies make better operatives for this sort of thing.

• Show All
    • They can and would go for soft targets , malls movie theaters and the like. But hand to hand they would never attempt it. While we do have a descent military after all the reduction in funding that has happened in the last few years , we are still a force to be recond with

• Any area south of Va. Would quickly amas a sizable force of citizens ready to figh any attempts at invasion from any force or any foe

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the United States should just assign the task to the state of Texas. Tell them that Chuck Norris has been appointed their Commander in Chief, and that everyone in the state gets $500, a fishing boat, a steak dinner, and a case of beer once the job is done. Those boys will be home by Christmas, and ISIS will be at the bottom of an oil reserve somewhere in the Middle East. Problem solved, and the DOD will still be under budget.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 27

• The US has the strongest military in the world and their spending outgrows the next several biggest spenders combined.

ISIS is a few thousand guys who can't even take over an already ravaged region of the Middle East. And even if they were to establish themselves there - their 'country' would collapse due to economic sanctions, no trade and internal dissent.

3|3
    0|0
  • It's really unlikely that Isis can take down even Asaad, USA is far far away so no

4|2
    0|0
  • The US has enough nuclear weapons to blow up the entire Middle East several times over. Not to mention the most technologically superior air force and navy as well as the most superior military force overall in history. And we are one of the very few countries that allow its citizens to own military grade weapons.

It's hilarious how ISIS thinks they can actually invade us. Even if our government were to become so spineless that they'd actually allow it to happen and not have the military fight back, the people alone can and will destroy them.

1|0
    0|0
  • How the fuck are they gonna do that? They don't even own a plane...

4|1
    0|0
  • @NerdInDenial pretty much said it perfectly the only way for them to take us out completely is to fight a conventional war with us with they can't win, and even if they were able to evade us you would have to contend with the millions of very pissed off Americans armed with everything from hunting rifles to military grade weapons and who know the land way better then they do.

Even though ISIS is outmatched in practically every way against us do not underestimate them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also do remember that ISIS is not just a threat to America but to every nation in the world big and small it doesn't matter if you've done anything against them or not, they are going to come after everyone. It's why it's vital that every nation contribute resources to combat this threat in every corner of the world, we need a united front against them and leave no place they can run and hide to.

• I don't think that Isis could take down America's Army straight on but those Muslims are going to use much cunning and so the threat is not only from the outside, but from the inside as well, there are many Muslims inside America that support terror, and many Americans believe to their lies, and excuses, but America should not let them weaken her from within.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQExgALv9wI

0|0
    1|1
  • While the U. S. can't be taken down by ISIS, we can not "take down" ISIS, because it is an "idea" or mindset, not a place or group. You can't take down a guerrilla operation with "boots on the ground" as the Republicans like to chant. The only thing you can do is to keep on killing whatever members you can find until the mindset starts looking less attractive to the morons who like that sort of thing. The thing with that is - there is no end to human stupidity - it is an infinite resource.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be serious here. We're talking about a small group with an estimated 10,000-20,000 fighters. The US military has hundreds of thousands of troops, it has the best equipment and weaponry in the world and it has nuclear weapons. Plus it has over 300,000 million citizens who will stand up and fight for their Motherland (adopted Motherland). ISIS will be defeated in the same way Al-Qaeda has been defeated. They'll exist only in name with very little influence or power.

ISIS are a threat to US citizens because all it takes is a couple of Terrorists to bring an entire US city to a stand still but they do not have the resolve to defeat the US. The people of the United States of America are special people, they're strong people, they're a proud nation of people and they'll never be defeated.

0|0
    0|0
  • Firstly they couldn't take Egypt and I think the US army is stronger than the egyptian and besides
    A man who bombs himself in a civil area is a coward
    But come to a war man to man I swear to god they will be devestated

1|1
    0|0
  • The U. S probably not. Europe however is a whole different story. I for one don't underestimate Islam at all. When they say Islam will dominate the world, they mean it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoZwIDlIL5Q

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course they can't. They're not even focused on us, we're incidental to their major actions.

3|0
    0|0
  • they gonna have to get in line if america falls to any one it shall be my banana rama army ! muhahahaa !!
    but really to defeat america perminantley into submission you are gonna have to do a HUGE millitary purge which even for a developed state may even take decades to do due to americas mass land and population which in do doubt would fight back this alone would take so much rescources within its self just to pull off due to the fact I am sure no one wishes to use a nuclear option.

1|0
    0|0
  • Considering that 95℅ of their targets are unarmed civilians. I would say no. They have no real combat experience. I mean yeah they have faught the broken forces over in the middle East but come on what kind of fight is that compared to our military. As well even if they could get substantial ground forces over here. Do you know how many Americans have guns? It would be just like Red Dawn.

0|0
    0|0
  • surely it's possible that sucha thing as in paris can happen in the USA

3|0
    0|0
  • no, if they can't. we may seem divided most of the time, but nothing brings Americans together like being attacked. then we will go over there and destroy them all

0|0
    0|0
  • Isis is the divine Egyptian Goddess of magik. She can take down anyone.

2|0
    0|0
  • What do Yes and No mean for this question?

0|0
    1|0
  • I think the whole thing is orchestrated to perpetuate military spending and justify government intrusion into private lives.

0|0
    0|0
  • ISIS is hilariously under powered compared to us.

0|0
    0|0
  • We would kick their asses

1|0
    0|1
    • I advise you look up tohawk missile. Also people who claim the south will rise again should also look that up

• And exactly how do you think they are going to cross the sea?

1|0
    0|0
  • US could go full japan on them if they want.

if we get anything similar to Pearl Habor, its all over for ISIS.

0|0
    0|0
  • ISIS can continue to harass westerners and kill a few of them, and will likely do so (or their descendant organizations will) for a long time.

The US could kill everyone in the middle east within the hour if they chose to. They don't only because they are trying not to kill civilians. Raqqa could be wiped off the map with one bomb, and there's not a damn thing ISIS could do to stop it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Fear nothing those rag tags can't do shit

0|0
    2|0
  • They may hurt us but we will recover and do damage to them ten fold, look at what happened to al Qaeda but I say fix the problem before it happens, I say turn their territory into a glass parking lot, oh, instead if regular air strikes. I say throw some white phosphorus their way, or at least put boots on the ground

0|0
    0|0
  • Their strategy for now is simply to grow stronger by increasing antagonism between the West and Muslims.

1|1
    0|0
  • Hmmm, they might not take them down but they can definitely do some serious damage. NY-9/11 France Boston Lebanon...

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Remember that it isn't just America. It's the rest of the planet. I am 110% sure that ISIS is not done for a little while, but it will never reign supreme.
    This is just another moment in time, another historical period. We are the generation that is gonna live through it, and possibly live to tell the tale of how it played out. We can only hope it'll be a good one, because the world stands strong. <3 #prayfortheworld

4|2
    0|0
  • I think that what America did to Japan is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the vicious extremes the U. S. will go to in order to defend this nation. America doesn't only possess a powerful militia but a very secretive, sophisticated intelligence agency. There's no doubt in my mind that they know far more than what they are revealing. We also must consider human psychology: surely there are American citizens in high positions of governmental or military power who share the same sociopathic, twisted tendencies as some ISIS members but do they broadcast it to the world in form of terror? Do they go committing public beheadings? No, they seek positions of power where they can have clearance to utilize it for the good of a nation. They may have a similar or even more intense aggressive streak except they actually have more resources and support from the international community unlike ISIS. So what type of things do you think they are scheming and planning for in terms of ISIS members?

Yes, many U. S. government officials and military members are honorable individuals with good intentions but I know for a fact that those career fields are crawling with covert sociopaths who enjoy the hunt. Becoming a target to the American military and government is like being a drop of blood in shark infested waters.

0|1
    0|0
  • LMFAO there's literally no way XD They're not even a real threat XD

They're *terrorists* not an actual functioning state XD
    media.giphy.com/media/IqsZRkXl3z9vy/giphy.gif

1|1
    0|0
  • Well... I think it is only a matter of time before the U. S. experiences an attack from ISIS on its soil. But tragically how will it be much different from the attacks they are already waging on themselves in movie theatres, schools and where ever? 😐

0|1
    3|0
    • Don't speak as if you know about America
      Plenty of citizens in countries attack others

• The U. S. pretty much has a monopoly on dumbass young adults shooting up public gathering places including targeting 6 year olds. Sorry...

It's a domestic terrorist v int'l terrorist situation. Presently the U. S. Is the only power in the West that is consistently victim of random dumbass mass shootings. The answer- more guns. 😱

• I think they might be able to - why? Because they are sneaky and unexpected, while when Americans do something it's mostly glaringly obvious.
    Maybe try it more inconspicuously...

2|1
    1|0
    • @LittleSally they are sneaky but they also use the west tolerance against the west.

• @Berethor You're very right there...

The West always tries to be diplomatic and tolerant, politically correct - these are the things ISIS isn't concerned with - it's why they're feared. They're barbarians.
      People should treat them the way they treat others.

• Never ever will they be able to do that.
    They have absolutely no power over the western world & the reactions of the people in Paris after what happened there are the best proof for that!
    They wanted to scare us, they failed – they can only achieve spreading terror and fear if we let them and we're not going to. ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't think they could take down a big country

1|0
    0|0
  • On ISIS and US: Would you bite the hand that feeds you?

0|0
    1|0
  • This topic scares me to death we are americans we are bad ass country but these people are deadly cruel so def scared but i have faith in our troops we will remain strong

0|0
    0|0
  • You act as if you want isis to take over America

0|0
    0|0
    • You sound as if