When will it be okay to make jokes about the holocaust?

I mean, it was like a bajillion years ago you guys

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Well the comedy "Archer" tried. And a few years before, when I rescued and adopted a kitten from the county animal shelter, I joked that I was saving my new pet from "Meowschwitz". Needless to say, that didn't go over well, except with the lady running the county shelter, who actually mentioned that she had to put critters down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQCRhE4rH-g

archer. wikia. com/wiki/Babou

• "Sour mix? In a margarita? What is this, Auschwitz?"

• That episode, with its tie-in to "Bob's Burgers" , was great.

"Oh, and sorry about the Auschwitz crack. That's - that's not like me. I've been under a lot of stress lately."

What Girls Said 11

• 2|4
    • Exactly. I'm brought back to the time a girl in 8th grade who was already 16-17 years old told me (when I was in 7th grade) ''Oh you look exactly like Anne Frank, she was ulgy''.

I don't think so. She was cute and secondly how offensive to insult someone who died in such a horrible way.

• @Vesuvius87 Ahh, grade 8, fun times! Ann is beautiful I agree :)

• Lol Anne frankly my dear I don't give a damn

• Never. Making jokes about genocide is disgusting, unempathetic, and completely wrongful. If you can't see something wrong with that then there's something wrong with you.

• You can but only make those jokes around people who like dark humor. So you know they won't be offended and actually tell that it's a joke. That they shouldn't take it personally.

• I only know of one comedian that does dark humor well. Jimmy Carr though he does more rape jokes.

• NEVER! i wouldn't ever joke about it!

• Never. Neither will making jokes about slavery or Hiroshima, etc. be ever okay.
    Jokes about thousands of people suffering and even being killed are NOTHING but incredibly direspectful, ignorant and a sign of a very poor EQ.

• It's tasteless and unfunny.

• Holocoust jokes will never be ok.

• It already happens although few people find genocide funny... thankfully

• It was 50 years ago.
    You should be wise enough to realize that it will never be okay to joke about it.
    Dont you feel ashamed that so many younger girls and guys are thinking more resonable than you?

• ... Are you ashamed that you believe the Holocaust happened in the 1960's?

• It's supposed to be overblown bollocks anyway. A German journalist did a lot of investigation into it recently and said live on German tv that the holocaust was a convenient fantasy for jews to impose their will on society. She was arrested by state security and hasn't been seen since. Anti semitism laws. They're very touchy about being seen in a bad light the jews. If there was nothing to hide why the over reaction? I'd have thought if it was real and somebody claimed that they'd just be ridiculed not arrested. These jews are slippery bastards. Too many people are starting to point the finger their way for it to be nothing. No smoke without fire

• I hate it when I hear people joke about the Holocaust. It's just so wrong.

Anne Frankly, I won't stand for it.

• Never? One does not make jokes of a tragedy. Do you see jokes being made about any other bad event like that?

• Umm yes actually. All the time.

It's low brow humor that most people don't find funny... but yeah.

• @CheerGirl38139 a lot of jokes about tragedy are actually very high brow. The best comedians can make the most horrible parts of life hilarious. That's kind of the point of comedy.

• @Dandeus Hey I'm not judging one way or the other. Just commenting.

Anne Frankly, neither should you. ;)

What Guys Said 12

• We joked about it all the time when I was in primary school. Mostly gags regarding ashes or something. Cruel jokes, sure, we did the same for hungry Africans and mentally retarded people. Didn't everyone?

Childish jokes aside, Holocaust is a long time ago and I have a hard time believing anyone really has a heavy emotional investment in it. Holocaust, when you dig into it, is really disturbing - but it's so far away in time and there are no visible traces of it in modern society, it's easily converted to a footnote in history books. Have you ever tried reading up on society and punishment in medieval Europe? It's seriously stomach-churning when you get into it, but nowadays we just like to gaze with awe at the plate armor and creepy catacombs.

• Time does march on. Already events like D-Day or The Battle of The Bulge seem to a good many young people like Gettysburg or Yorktown, at least in America anyway.

• People tend to be oversensitve about history. I don't think anyone complains about how the Romans treated prisoners these days, so give it another 1500 years.

• hopefully never. hopefully it will never be in good taste to make jokes about 6+ million people's deaths

• Probably in 30 years.

• You're all sick. Now excuse me while I get back to watching the German version of Friends.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEGeHxF0tF4

• What jokes can you make about the holocaust?

• It's always ok to tell a joke if the joke is funny.

• probably never

• Never. You can't offend a jew coz they control everything. Hunch of shot

• Hmm, good point, good point...

• You don't have a clue what what I'm talking about. I'm looking at my post and I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Wtf is hunch of shot?

• Like never ever,
    I mean you still can't joke lincolns assassination

• Jokes are not nice about such historical events. Only in certain situations, for example in a black humour show or something like that. As far the Holocaust goes, as long as the Zionists control half go the Globe you will never be allowed to not only say jokes about them, but even speak out the truth about what a lie it is. The only people who exposed the lie of the holocaust and didn't get prosecuted are the few Jews who admit the truth. Everyone else, even elderly people in their 80's and 90's are being locked in prison because of the freedom of their consciousness. Because they have a different opinion , on a specific historical event, that the jews don't like. One can only be afraid of the truth to imprison people who disagree on a historical event.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2QMQi-m63E

• Found the holocaust denier.

• Im not denying the holocaust. I deny the lies that surround this event, that serve only as a money maker to Israel and zionists all over the world.

• Never? Are you that pathetic