How well do you take compliments?

How well do you take compliments?

I get extremely embarrassed anytime someone says something nice about me lol. Especially when they say it in front of many people 😑

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I take compliments well. It definitely leaves an impression and I remember it.
    Everyone is so quick to criticize everyone, no matter how beautiful or talented we are you still get cut down by someone, I think we'd ask do well by complimenting each other and noticing the good traits more often.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• I get high on praise. This can be a real problem, and wind up embarrassing me, since often people are just being polite.

I often go right after a female who compliments me, for example!

• I either dismiss it because I think they're being insincere (not that what they're saying is false, but the act of complimenting me in general), or I already know so I'm not thankful that I received it.

The only compliments I take well are when I'm doing something new and someone says 'you did a good job', otherwise compliments about my face or creativity or whatever the fuck else I'm being complimented on go in the mental rubbish bin.

• I just say thank you. I'm not sure if that's a good way of handling it or not.

• Not well honestly 😐

• It doesn't effect my ego won't swell and I won't get offended

• I don't mind compliments. I tend not to look into it.

• Not well, I've got depression and self esteem issues

• very well thank you

• I love compliments but every time i get one i don't know what to answer.. because some of them gives weirdo compliments hahahah

What Girls Said 10

• I love compliments but I don't like it if someone compliments me ONLY on my looks cause it makes me feel like they think that's all I'm good for when in reality, believe it or not, there's actually a lot more to me. I prefer compliments that are about my personality or achievements rather than looks. But any compliment is nice, as long as they don't overcompliment me to the point that it seems fake. In general I love compliments though, people can be so kind. ☺ I don't get embarrassed, it makes me smile.

• Oh god, I can't handle them at all – It happens either that I just think they're lying to make me feel better or because they want something or they just have a really distorted vision, so they bizarrely don't really do anything but make me even more insecure at best..
    And since that's not enough I'm also worried about people judging my reaction. Like if I say "thank you" they will probably think I'm a self absorbed narcissist but if I don't say anything they'll think I'm an arrogant bitch. It seems like no matter what you reply nothing is really right :/

• Is a 'Fashion Model' really that insecure? I wonder ;P

• @Keyspirits hahaha yeah, sure ;D

• So juz take up the pride and enjoy every hungry wolves tryna holla @ cha HAWT white chix baby 💋

• It catches me off guard if I feel like I look gross and get noticed... like one time I used a product that made my face break out into a thousand painful red bumps along my jaw and cheeks. Some random dude on the bus asked me for my number when I was trying to hide. It was so confusing.

But I'll always try to be polite. It does make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D Sorta like how genuine unexpected little acts of kindness make me feel

• I say thank you! lol But I am super embarrassed!

• Haha, I get flustered most of the time. I say, "Thank you," and move on.

• I normally hate how awkward I feel trying to reply to their complement.

• "Aww thanks. Now shoo"

• am the same way every one say u got sexy eyes (my eyes are hazel and changes colorZ) a be like wtf get out my face

• Is nice but I just can't lol I blush and I look like a tomato👌 so is embarrassing haha xD

• pretty well. i accept them by word and may even throw one back, but i rarely accept them by heart.