Tips for public speaking?

Just as the title says! I'm awfully shy and freeze up when it comes to talking in front of a group, minus if the group is comprised of children because I don't feel as much pressure. But I have to present a project soon and I'm really nervous about it. Any tips to help?

Thank you! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Imagine everyone there is your relative, as if it were a family reunion. Assign a few of the people the name of a relative and look at them, thinking about that relative, and imagining they will look at you the same way.

If you do this for a while, you'll start to let go of being nervous, because you'll be thinking about your cousins, aunt, grandpa, etc.

• Thx for the upvote

• OK to call them someone you don't like, that
      will help to focus you away from being 
      nervous.

Most Helpful Girl

• That awkward moment when I misread it as "tips for public spanking"

What Guys Said 4

• Practice and visualize. Remember they want you to succeed!

• Pick out a couple friendly faces throughout the room and alternate between maybe three of em that way it all ears you're covering the whole room but really only talking to three or four people that's what I do

• Interesting, I'll have to do that. Thanks :)

The only downside to this is my class is comprised of 6 people including myself.. That's probably pathetic that I still get nervous lol

• In that case look over each person in the class not in the eyes like over their head... and remember they are nervous too... just remember to breathe

• Just have to find a way to get started, it will get easy once you get rolling.

You will just have to breathe and force yourself probaly, and picture the audience naked lol

• Confidence :-)

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly you just need to be confident when presenting. I was actually talking to my friend the other day about this. As long as you know what you're presenting it should be a breeze. Besides if you stutter ignore it if you mess up just go again literally everyone knows you're human people make mistakes. Other people get nervous when presenting

• Just calm down and pretend no-one really cares!