Is $15,000 enough to move out?

If someone has $15,000 saved up, is that enough to move out of their parents' house?

Assuming they have a full time job paying modestly above minimum wage (14/hr) and would be moving to a modestly priced 1 bedroom apartment.

Is $15,000 enough to have in order to start out in life or should they stay at home longer and save up more money before moving out?

How much money do you think one should have saved before they move out?

0|0
2|5

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not how much you have... Its can you bring in more than you will spend? Add up rent, food, gas etc... Savings money should be for emergencies, like when your car breaks down... But basically, it sounds like you are ready... U have enough savings to handle a lot of things... And if u have some job security you will be fine... Never take out of savings unless it will cause problems with making money

1|0
    0|0
    • But if you can still tolerate your parents then u should probly stay...

Most Helpful Girl

• I would save up some more money and live with your parents as much as you can while working up the career ladder. If you consistently work in the same or similar location, which is where your parents live, then you may be entitled to the family house as inheritance. If you have to move to a different location because of work, then you may rent an apartment with your own money, and if your parents feel like they can't own the house anymore and nobody can live in it due to location, then they may come and live with you, taking care of your family.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I moved out with 6k at age 19, so absolutely you can do it.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's enough.

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah that is a good enough job to move out of mom and dads.

0|0
    0|0
    • but if you want to live on your own you should not be spending much of your savings. other than whatever first, last and deposit comes too

• I think so.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah for me it is!

0|0
    0|0