Help, I'm so shallow?

Guys have called me stuck up and all that. And I think I am. I don't want to be but I always go for only good looking guys and usually do not pay attention or ignore less attractive men.

How can I be less judegemental and not so shallow?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're seeing beauty in the wrong things: in the faces in the bodies etc. You need to start seeingn beauty in how people treat you, in their way of thinking, in their values. But in order to achieve that you need to review your own values.

Most Helpful Girl

• you can't help who you're attracted to

that said, placing a premium on looks can lead to poor decision making since people often associate certain character traits they desire in a partner to said attractive person that may not necessarily exist in them simply because they look nice. it's better treating each person as a blank slate.

What Guys Said 3

• Tough question to ask. It could just be your upbringing so the cultural objectives you see in people can be much different than those you've been with. Or it could be your a tad too much into the media and social standards and have trouble delving into more interpersonal subjects. For example you can admire someone's physical appearance or/and you can admire their inner appearance or let's just say personality. I'd say for starters try to think what makes people tic. Certainly just looking at someone you can't know their motives or intentions so that alone will force you to understand them in deeper ways. During that process more likely than not you will find whether your personalities align or are too different to be compatible. Second I'd say try to always isolate yourself before doing something ask yourself why it is you do what you do, do you want this person to notice you physically? do you want to only admire them physically? do you want a friend? etc etc then determine whether those motives are stuck up petty or shallow and find ways to bypass them.
    Anyhow I've typed wayyyyy too much good luck

• Notice when you become judgmental and maybe all the time or justt once in a while you'll notice it as you're judging someone.. And just stop

Have a mindset of 'none judging' and over time you'll see yourself becommjng less judgmental

• By giving me a chance

What Girls Said 1

• Thats more of a self help thing. I don't know how anything i say would change that. Try paying more attention to personalities instead of looks