When exactly am I allowed to call something racist?

Let's be clear, I need no ones approval to call something racist, but for arguments sake entertain this question. It seems that a vast majority of the time when any minority of any color questions something or points to something being racist, they are called whiners, complainers, accussed of playing the race card, or told for every incident that, "that's not racism, because it didn't and doesn't happen to me (says the non-minority) when something/one is racist. So when then are we "allowed" to call something racist? As non-minorities who don't generally ever experience the racism minorities experience to the level we do, you in my book, would be the last people qualified to be an expert on racism or what is racist. Sure you can read books about and watch a film, but you don't actually experience it like minorities do. I think often when a minority mentions an incident of racism a lot of people just hear "you are racist," even if we're talking about one specific person or persons who aren't you. If I said that guy over there is a thief, you wouldn't just jump to the idea that I'm somehow talking about you, would you? You'd probably try and hear me out, and then maybe help me try to aprehend the guy, but not so for racism or racists. Racism isn't just bodies hanging from trees or KKK rallies.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• NEVER: it's offensive towards our white masters.

• i'm black, native American, maori and aborigine (ridiculous combination, i know). something is racist to me if the intent is racist. if it's a racist joke, there are certain words and stereotypes that are funny and some that aren't. you kinda know when it's beyond racist, especially with the tone of it.

What Girls Said 1

• It depends if you are a minority or not. if you are a minority throw it out anytime, someone asks if you like pizza, they are clearly racist.

if your not a minority its never acceptable