How do you boost your self-esteem 😊?

This year I've been harassed quite a lot and now my self-esteem is really really low. I just feel like shit.

⛄️
🐙

Most Helpful Guy

• I think some of the first steps is to realize that other people don't decide your value and that you don't need their approval to be you. Your value comes from you and not other people or external things.

Also realize that if other people try to put you down then that is an indication that there is something wrong with them, not you. How you treat other people is a reflection of yourself.

If you feel that you are fragile, try to understand and forgive instead of trying to become cold and cruel. Understand that many people are lost and broken and understand that you are valuable as you are.

By forgiveness and understanding you become etherial and cannot be emotionally harmed. If you try to become tough and careless you more often grow distant and wander further away from yourself instead.

Realize that who you are is no set in stone. You are, like everybody else, constantly changing. Often so slow that we don't notice. Your personality is not actually who you are but rather who you "think" you are or who you have chosen to become, mostly unconsciously.

Your low self esteem is the result of you believing things about yourself that is not true. Try to find your limiting beliefs and challenge them. See where they come from, who implanted them, and why you have accepted them as truth, when they are not. The reason why this is hard to do is because our personality and limiting beliefs are usually implanted in us subconsciously at a very young age. Look inside yourself with curiosity and you will be amazed about what you will find.

I'm describing an inner journey to find yourself and get rid of the "small" self you now believe you are. You are much more than you think you are.

• Thank you 😊

• You are very welcome.
      I struggled with this when I was a teenager and my early 20s. I'm trying to share what made me realize myself and hope that it can help others.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's hard to feel good about yourself when people are mean, but you have to keep in mind that their bullying speaks more to their poor character than you as a person.

Surround yourself with people that support and encourage you—that is the most important thing—and strive to grow. Become a better person through this experience. It's hard to feel bad about yourself if you are making a difference in the world :) I feed a child in Bolivia, and it has been such a blessing to me.

What Guys Said 18

• Eleanor Roosevelt — 'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.'

When people harass you, tell them to leave you alone; if they don't, report them for harassing you and take legal action.

• You can always try fishing for compliments online.

By the way, you look beautiful (I'm sure). Have a nice day.

• Hey, first of all think about the perks of being you. Do you have great hair? Maybe your nose is small and pretty, or maybe you're really good at something, but other people around you try to copy you and fail miserably? I know at least one talent I have that makes me laugh every time other people try their hand at it :D (no seriously, one guy in my class almost murdered his crotch. It was hilarious!)
    Hope this helps. Go for it!

• I'm really curious at what your talent is now?

• Hey, I can put both my feel behind my head if I'm leaning against a wall, chair or sometimes small table :D
      Don't try this at home unless you're willing to risk injuring yourself (I've had a few close calls and once I kicked someone by accident who was standing nearby. They never went near me again.)
      Hope this helps. Go for it!

• Haha that's awesome, thanks for answering 😊

• You need to surround yourself by good people that give you the respect you deserve.

• Hang in there. Its a tough age. Things will pass. People will stop being such overt assholes as they get older. Everyone has insecurities they don't want focus on so they lash out at others to make themselves feel better.

Whatever you think of yourself its probably not even 50% as bad as you make out. It will get better. Be strong. Hang in there. The 20's are so much better.

Good luck!

• Wake up look in the mirror and say "imma kick ass today" then go kick ass and go to sleep and repeat process 👍

• Succeeding and accomplishing things.

• My thinking about and focusing more on my positive qualities, than my negative qualities! :-D

• Confidence and an FU attitude. You have as much right as anyone to feel good so just do it.
    And don't be Anonymous. You can't be confident about yourself if you are no-one can you?
    Post a pic and I'll tell you you're hot!

• Dress revealing and walk around your city, then get mad when people stare.

Do about 4 trips around the block and you will feel better.

• Oops I meant to down vote that

• ta for letting me know that you meant to downvote; I'm hurt now and I am going to rethink my obnoxious ways.

• Start working out and eat healthy. The best cure to EVERYTHING, srs.

• Go at the gym. Read books eat good food. Smile

• Workout, tell them off, have hot sex

• Make sure I have a solid base of self-respect.

• face the challenge whatever you have... do yoga

• Masturbate to monster girls.

• When women respect me, then I'll feel good.

• Self-esteem has too many downsides so I resorted to self-compassion.

What Girls Said 18

• I've found that positive affirmations are really helpful if you stick with them.
    I've suffered from depression pretty much my entire life and nothing has helped as much as this - businessheroinemagazine.com/.../

The trick in convincing yourself it's true is to repeat them over and over and over and over again right before you go to sleep and right when you wake up. You have to shut off any negative thoughts and only focus positively.

It doesn't work for everyone, but that's something I've found helpful.

• Exercise and eating right are probably the simplest solution. "Food is the most overused anxiety drug. Exercise is the most underused antidepressant." The following is taken from the mayo clinic website.
    Exercise helps by:
    • Releasing feel-good brain chemicals that may ease depression (neurotransmitters, endorphins and endocannabinoids)
    • Reducing immune system chemicals that can worsen depression
    • Increasing body temperature, which may have calming effects on the mind and body.
    • Gain confidence. Meeting exercise goals or challenges, even small ones, can boost your self-confidence. Getting in shape can also make you feel better about your appearance.
    • Take your mind off worries. Exercise is a distraction that can get you away from the cycle of negative thoughts that feed anxiety and depression.
    • Get more social interaction. Exercise and physical activity may give you the chance to meet or socialize with others. Just exchanging a friendly smile or greeting as you walk around your neighborhood can help your mood.
    • Cope in a healthy way. Doing something positive to manage anxiety or depression is a healthy coping strategy. Trying to feel better by drinking alcohol, dwelling on how badly you feel, or hoping anxiety or depression will go away on its own can lead to worsening symptoms.

• Well for me

1. Taking up hobbies
    2. Taking part in community/group project and excelling at them'
    3 Learning something new eg. recepie, skill, talent etc
    4. New wardrobe - go shopping
    5. New hairstyle- try to be edgy , leave the cute pigtails and spice it up with some ombres or pixie cut
    6. Staying away from the negative influence of badminded people
    7. Ignoring those people and not giving a crap.

I was just like you and those things helped me and I hope it helps you too

• Just know that you're the best person out there and everyone's opinions can fuck off haha ok that's terrible advice
    Just surround yourself with positivity
    Doesn't have to be in forms of people
    Sometimes my music boosts my self confidence
    Weord isn't it?
    But try to start and learn to ignore the harassment if it's because of words I mean. Because what they're saying are lies trust me
    So many jealous people jaha
    Flaunt yourself

• Some people aren't sane or decent enough to conduct themselves in a healthy social manner. I'd do whatever I could to not be around them but I'd also go socialize with a better group, do the most with my appearance, take up a new and enriching interest, which has nothing to do with those losers.

• By thinking postive things about yourself

• dont compare yourself to others, that helps a lot, we are all different, so there's no point on doing that. Also, try to build goals and work for them, that's what helped me the most, fighting for them increases your confidence. If you can, try to help others, that is extremely good , is good for you because it shows you that u can be an impact in someone else's life.
    I also think is good to analyse yourself, what are the things you like about yourself? what are the things you dont? why? once you get the answers work to improve the things you dont like, if you are unhappy with ur body, then go to gym and eat healthier, if you think you have social issues, then get out, try to meet new people. In order to make this changes you need to get off your comfort zone, otherwise, you won't see any changes, I am not saying you need to change the kind of person u are, but sometimes we need to explore a bit in order to find answers and get to know ourselves a bit better and by doing this, you increase your confidence, at least thats what happened to me because you'll see that u are actually not bad . the way to explore yourself is by trying new things, you might find new passions and damn! passions do help in self esteem, coz when you are passionate about something, you are good at it and who doesn't like to be good at something, right? haha :P

• When im feeling down and have to go out I usually boost my self esteem by wearing designer things and drive a nice car.

• I do things I'm good at, things I know I'm great at and nobody can tell me I can't. I tell myself how great I am. I pretend to be cocky, sometimes, to assure myself. Looking in the mirror and naming the things I love about myself. I guess the motto is "Fake it until you make it." And you'll reach a day when you're not faking it anymore.

• I'm rubbish at boosting my self esteem but I usually do stuff like cut my hair or buy some new clothes that suit me. They at least boost me for a few days or something! I'm sorry you're feeling like shit :(

• don't try to take the opinions of other serious. especially if its not from people who are close to you. everybody has there good and some bad things about them. Its your choice to either focus on the bad or one the good. Don't let anybody try to make you feel small. cause girl only you can be the best you and try to show the world how great you are. you can do it :)

• I've been called the ugliest girl in school and then became the popular one after 3 years. People hated me and called me names when I was ugly and then later people were trying to be my friends. What ever happens dun care about them, have pride and walk straight. Everyone looks beautiful, it's just the society that's fucked up. Keep smiling and have a nice day. Once again, don't care what they say.. ♡♡♡

• 1|0
  • Stop caring what others think.

• I don't boost my self esteem. It stays low all the time

• Makeover!!! Get a new look and have some fun with it

• By talking to my friends I guess :)

• if your being harassed at school you should tell a teacher or friend or princable or if your not in school then you should call the police or try to stickup and defend your self if your not able to get help from anyone