What do you think about Charlie Sheen revealing he has Hiv?

You play with fire... you get burnt.
He slept with 5,000 people.
Within the past two years 200.
I don't pity him at all.

No one deserves hiv , but he sure was asking for it.

After finding out he still continues to sling his old penis everywhere. Lawd help this man !

Most Helpful Guy

• It's sad that he has it, it's sad when anyone has it (unless they're a rapist, then they deserve it), but he had it coming. Like you said he slept with thousands of people, 200 in the last 2 years. He also lived with and banged 2 porn stars (at the same time too I think) for a long while, and I think he even married one of them. It's no surprise at all that he has HIV.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's why protection is so important. You may only have sex with one person but how many did they sleep with and how many of those slept with someone who may have a disease.

• So true. People need to understand that when you sleep with as little as one person, you are in a sense sleeping with the number of people they have had sex with (because anything can be transmitted back to you).

What Guys Said 35

• 4.bp.blogspot.com/.../...in-who-the-hell-cares.jpg

I would believe the only people who care are the people who like to read about celebrities lives or the thousands of women that slept with him.

• i'm fairly certain he got HIV from sharing needles during drug use, at least that's what i've heard.

either way, you play with fire and live irresponsibly and you often end up burnt.

• It's hard to tell how he contracted it.
      He said he didn't want to blame his drugs or alcohol use for it.

• he meant that he wasn't blaming drugs and booze on his irresponsible actions. basically the i take responsibility for my actions bit. you can't really get HIV from booze.

• And now the media is talking about the "stigma" of HIV.

In five years, will social media mobs be getting people fired for being "bigoted" in that they won't have sex with someone who has HIV, lest they become infected?

• I'm supposed to give a fuck about this guy, why? Why is this news?

• Well I didn't even know that me told everyone about it and when I heard about it I was like this...

i1083.photobucket.com/.../images_zpswjvep8yt.jpg

i1083.photobucket.com/.../...s%201_zpsyxctbo3n.jpg

• Call me heartless but I don't pity those with sexual diseases. Any sexual disease. As you said, play with fire you're gonna get burned.

• I have sympathy depending on the situation. Not everyone contracts the disease because they are promiscuous.

• True. I have no sympathy for those who choose not to use protection.

• I really don't care, just like I didn't care about Bruce Jender's coming out thing.

• psh... HIV is treatable. there's a massiave population of hiv positive compared to the few who have full blown aids.

it's no big deal anymore.

• the only person who i felt sympathetic for despite his lifestyle was Magic Johnson. it's different when you have countless players in your league paranoid to play ball w/ you. He quit because him continuing to play was "bad for the league". =(

charlie sheen lol. c'mon.

• I'm surprised it took so long for something bad to happen to him.

• Stop slut-shaming. It's his body and he is just freely expressing and enjoying his sexuality.

• When are people going to learn there is a difference between freely enjoying sex if it isn't at the cost of other people's lives.
      -He spreader a deadly virus
      -He cheats on his wife
      -He negatively effected his young children's lives
      -He has a drug and sex addiction problem.

He's not the average person enjoying sexeithpute

• I'm done conversing with an idiot who believes spreading hiv and cheating is ok because the person doing so, is "living it up"

• Oh, you mean Brooke Mueller, that saint of a woman who went to rehab TWICE while she was STILL PREGNANT for crystal meth addiction? I would hope that I don't need to explain why someone checks back into rehab.

• Damn! When did he revealed it?

• Yesterday.

• well... as you say, you play with fire you get burned and he was asking for it. I won't get a headache over this.

• Doesn't matter had sex.

• It was a matter of time and I doubt this was the first thing he caught. Just the first thing to come public about. Apparently he's had it since his TigerBlood days. Meaning he knew and hid it or didn't find out for awhile.

• 5,000 people? Good lord, where did get the time between acting and being a celebrity to have sex with that many women?

I pity people like Charlie Sheen, they have it all, looks, talent, money and for some reason they hit the self-destruct button.

I don't know how he caught the virus but I respect him for coming out as having the illness and hopefully it helps raise more awareness of HIV.

• There is no possible way I could ever care any less about Charlie what's-his-dumb-face.

• with that many partners, I believe he would EVENTUALLY catch some STI

• I'm surprised I don't have it. I been with some lets say questionable girls.

• You're quite blessed then.
      All it takes is one person.

It's only a matter of time...
      please be careful.

• i'm not bothered.

• It was likely from his drug use actually.

• There's probably going to be a spike in confirmed HIV diagnoses.

• Within the past 200 years?

Huh

• I didn't say that.
      I said "He slept with 5,000 people.
      Within the past two years 200."

Within the past two years, he slept with 200 more people.

• I can't read.

I apologize madam

• No surprise really. He just now needs to get straight for his children. They are the ones that matter here.

• Actually been expecting that for years for him.

• Same here.

• It still sucks, and as a person I feel bad for him. But, it was totally his risky behavior that lead to this. I mean god, the risks have been well documented since the early 80s. You can't sleep with over 5,000 people and be shocked about catching something like that.

• You only live once.

• Why should we care more about celebrities? Kids in africa and syria get killed everyday and no one cares, how hypocrite the world is

• Just like girls are 'asking for it' when they wear revealing clothes in lonely places?

• I couldn't care less

• (🎂 lets celebrate his last birthday :-(

• how could someone sleep around when they had a wife like denise richards :O

• i never sleep with one and he with 5000 , shit world :@ :(((

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 23

• alright, I'll be honest when I first saw reports of this before reading the story I was talking crap on why he had to let the whole world know, how he should have kept it private for himself and people he's slept with, after reading the story I felt bad for saying the things I did, I do feel bad for him in the sense he had to pay millions to people he thought he could trust to keep them quiet, I realize that's the downfall to being famous. So I understand why he told the world so he no longer has to live in the thought of someone releasing the information. he made his decisions in sleeping with people, drugs etc. he has to live with those repercussions. I think it's a hard lesson to learn, and hopefully his story will help others make the right decisions and use protection always. we all make mistakes Noone is perfect just sometimes some lessons are harder to swallow. I wish him the best.

• ... It's the price you have to pay for having unprotected sex. Sleeping with someone without protection is like playing Russian Roulette.

My health comes before my pleasure, but some people are willing to take that risk.

It is sad and no one deserves it, but he is responsible for contracting HIV.

• Well I'm not gonna be a rude asshole and say things like "Who the fuck cares?" "Why is this a question?"

My thoughts: If he was having sex or doing drugs and basically being as reckless as possible, then this was statistically very likely to occur. Of course it's terrible because HIV can be very deadly. But I would hope someone would regard their life enough to try to preserve it. Still, I hope he doesn't die. That wouldn't be funny or anything.

• "Why is this a question?"

That could be said about pretty much everything.

It's a question because I have every right to ask.
      There are actual people that do care like fans.
      There are other people that have opinions about it.
      I would like to hear from them.

If people dislike this question simply don't answer.
      It's extremely easy.

Thanks for your input

• Exactly. I have no idea why people answered with snarky comments like "Why is this a question?" or "Who the fuck cares?" It would have taken less effort to continue scrolling.

No prob.

• OMG that's insane, especially with so many people! Can you imagine how many of them must have it and have spread it around? This is sick!

• I wish he made better choices but no one is perfect and not everyone uses their will power. I feel a bit sorry for him (I always do for anyone, just how I am) and hope he's getting help he needs right now.

• Once someone becomes sick, there is no need to criticize them for what they may have done to lead to this. That's just messed up. A lot of times, people with preventable illness know what they should've done and hopefully will help others from their experience. They don't need the judgment.

• Sleeping with hundreds after being diagnosed with a deadly virus and trying to cover it up doesn't sound like someone that wants to change. True change begins when the victim card is no longer pulled.

• I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...10c7a51454.jpg

• Wow... I didn't get the memo. I mean yeah I feel bad for him because it's a horrible disease and no one deserves it but I feel even worse for all the women he slept with after he caught it :(

• Well, the really bad part is that people extorted money from him over his HIV status. It should be private if he wants it to be private, but he eventually had to announce it on TV to stop people from trying to extort more money. He seems to have a mild/treatable version of the virus, so his health should actually be ok.

• Hiv always becomes undetected when someone is on antivirals.

He is no different than the millions diagnosed.

• Well he has enough money to get treatment which is really expensive, that's a big advantage over some people.

• Yep that's definitely true

• It's sad to hear of anyone suffering from HIV, buy your first statement was correct. I can't say I'm surprised at all with everything he's done in the past. If you don't protect yourself, you run that risk.

• I don't care what he does and neither should u!

• I don't care because I don't personally know him. But I'm allowed to be shocked aren't I?

• I guess your allowed to be shocked but eh I still don't care. LOL hahah!

• Did he really have sex with 5000 people? How do you keep track of that? Wow.

• I'd be surprised if he announced he was clean. My thought is how many people did he infect?

• I'm not surprised. He was bound to get it with all of those people he slept with.

• I'm not really surprised. What else was he expecting?

• its a horrible thing saying someone deserved to get sick, yes he wasn't being responsible but he doesn't deserve hiv no one does. i think it must have taken a lot of balls to admit it to the world

• Balls because he was constantly black mailed and could no longer afford to pay millions for people to silence themselves. He had no choice but to come clean.

I didn't say he deserved it.
      I said he was was asking for it.
      Sleeping with thousands of people with no protection is asking for a death sentence

• its not a surprised to learn about that

• I don't feel sorry that he contracted HIV. I do somewhat sympathize with him being blackmailed and spending years paying money to people. I would hope his diagnosis would have impacted his lifestyle but it obviously didn't do much damage (aside from being blackmailed). He was still engaging in sex (even unprotected) and still putting himself at risk of contracting an STI/STD or another form of HIV (yes, like any virus it can have various forms).

• I think its sad that he contracted the virus. My brother has the virus so its kind of relatable in a way. I dont care how harsh he lived his life... no one asked to live with such a disease.

• Coke headed sleaze catches hiv

Yeah, thats surprising.

Not really.

• Seriously? 5000 people? How is that even possible?

• I think that's a disgusting thing to say, just because someone is sexually promiscuous they are not "asking" for HIV. I don't know the full story and I don't know much about Charlie Sheen but if he stopped having sex when he found out then he did nothing wrong.

• So let me walk into ongoing traffic and see if I'm not asking to get hit by a car.

The only way people can make a change is if they make themselves aware if their wrong decisions.

Sugarcoating wrong doings only softens what you've done and makes you more likely to repeat negative actions.

You cannot change what you do not acknowledge.

• It's not wrong to be promiscuous.

• If you aren't spreading diseases and cheating on your wife, sure it's not wrong.

But in his case it was.
      He even has four young kids to think about.

• I dislike that Instead of turning this into a moment to talk about the important of safe sex, he brags that he's still having unprotected sex. Our societal worship of hedonism is terrifying.