How hot does it have to get so you dont have to go to school?

so it is surpose to get up to 104 degrees. where i live it is usullay 77 degrees. do you have to be sent home at your school? i live in aus by the way

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not sure but 104 degrees fahrenheit works out to be 40 degrees celsius and I would think they would be thinking about sending you home if it gets that hot. My dad was at work once and it got to 42 degrees celsius and they closed the company and told everyone to go home because it is just too hot to work.

Most Helpful Girl

• Never happened to me, and the hottest we've gotten is 100-ish.

That's only happened with cold, and it was 3. And that only happened because roads weren't "safe" and they didn't want kids walking when it's that cold.

So I would imagine it would have to be one that they considered unsafe.. Not sure what that would be for hot..

What Guys Said 2

• We got out of school a few times for it being to hot. It was mainly due to 100 plus temp and high humidity on top of that.

• 104 degrees in November?

What Girls Said 1

• I've never been sent home for the heat... But I would imagine in temps deemed too hot for anyone to go outside (I'm not sure how high that should be) they wouldn't make you go. Has any school there ever closed because of heat?

• yeah it has before but thats in the middle of australia