What would you think if someone said "I deserve better than you" during a fight/break up?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would think that, in the heat of an argument, people tend to say things that they would not ordinarily say. Most people filter what they say because they understand that some comments might have certain consequences. In the middle of an argument, people tend to let down their censors and what they say really represents what they feel.

If somebody told me that I really was not good enough for them, that would be the end of our relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• If it was true, then I'd leave them, not because of anger but because I was blind to see what was in front of me.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd tell them I hope they get just what they deserve.

• I would break up with them, even if they "didn't really mean it" they wouldn't have said that unless they subconsciously believed it. And I'm not gonna waste time on a relationship where the other person is left wanting something more/better, because that will only end badly.

What Girls Said 2

• People have wished me dead when I have gotten into arguments with them (family mostly) and here I am getting along fine as if those words were never uttered. My point is that human beings say stupid things in the heat of an argument, since they want to feel superior by hurting you.

• I would feel like shit and wonder what I did to make them feel like that.