Why is Bill Cosby still a free man even though he has many accusers? And Jared Fogle got caught for what he did?

What Cosby did was very serious as well. Why hasn't he been arraigned and questioned yet. But yet Jared Fogle was? Is it because they had proof with Jared?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most of Bill Cosby has reached the statue of limits by the law, meaning he can not be charged for crimes that have happened before so many years ago. If they can find someone who can come out and say that it happened to them more recently and it goes to trial then there is a shot that Crosby will go to prison.

Jared Fogle happened more recently plus they have photo, voice recording and tape recording that show day, time and year when everything went down.

It just boils down to time. So if you or anyone you know is in that situation the best thing to do to get justice for yourself is: tell someone sooner rather than later. Hope that helps

• Do you feel like there's also the chance a few of his accusers may be lying? I feel like people wouldn't lie about that kind of. crime but you never know

• I think some are making up stories its hard to imagine that not one of those woman reported the crime and now that one woman says it happened now all of a sudden so many woman are saying it happened to them i mean come on

• Didn't he finally admit to it though?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's all accusations with Bill Cosby, Jared had concrete evidence on him AND he plead guilty.

What Girls Said 7

• It took years of compiling evidence to arrest Jarred Fogal and his partner. Close to 5 years I think.

Bill's time will come. Unfortunately the crimes were committed so long ago it's hard to prove. As far as I know there is currently only one action against him legally at the current time. His day in court will come.

• Wanted to add this, the statue thing will be a thing of the past very soon considering DNA is now used. It may not apply to Cosby's case but imagine how it will help so many others!

• Because there is not enough evidence. You can't go around and arrest people for rape based purely on vague testimony. That's what happens in campuses and it has created a false rape accusation culture.

• It's long ago, the victims would have to build up a very solid documented proof case him if they wanted to nail him. A fresh recent incident would garner more attention and seriousness than a case ago. Plus they need very credible witnesses too that can give a definite account. the celebrity Rolf Harris was put in the limelight, when they found credible witnesses to support the charges against him.

• I've heard of him. Another lady was talking about another popular entertainer whom accusations came out later after his death the the crimes took place 20 to 40 years ago. Jimmy Saville. Pretty much the same as Cosby and Michael Jackson

• Statue of limitations ran out

• It looks like Bill Cosby, having been on top of his game back in the day, had a lot of money and power to make things go away in that moment... times were different back then and Hollywood is NOTORIOUS for protecting predators, maybe because they all are? lol but it's all biting him in the ass now and I'm so glad the truth came out.

• Well, justice for raping people has an expiration date in America.

It's really disturbing to read up on his brushes with the law, literally brushes, nothing bad ever happened.

• also to think all those kids shows he did, Little Bill for one

• thats so scary & creepy

• Ah, I remember that show. It was so good. It's very sad to think about someone like that in a position of power.

• Statue of limitations

What Guys Said 15

• it's all about statute of limitations (time under which criminal issues can be filed and charges pressed). these complaints were filed decades ago. the women didn't press further charges (presumably because they took money as a settlement or just dropped the charges out of fear) and thus are no longer under the statute of limitations.

so the only thing those girls could hope to do now is win a public battle of wills. they could also perhaps show coercion was at play and that is why they didn't proceed with pressing charges because of fear, threats, or something like that

whereas the stuff with Jared fogle still falls under the statute of limitations. similar situation happened with the Jerry Sandusky Penn State University thing. there were actually about 20 counts of boys making complaints but only about 13 of them were included in the trial due to the statute of limitations having run out on some of the cases

• What would happen if the justice system took away the statue of limitations saying that the accused can still stand punishment and trial even after like 30or 40years after the crime, remember most of Cosby's accusations happened in the 70s and 80s

• then the women could press charges and Cosby would be forced to go to court

• Very true there if they repealed the statue of limitations law

• It may be that statutes of limitation have run on the charges against Cosby and it could be that his accusers don't want to go forward. They may be trying to settle civil claims against him and offering their promise to not pursue criminal charges as part of the deal on the civil charges.

• Statute of limitations. Lack of hard evidence because the accusers waited so long.

You can't just say "many people think he's guilty just send him to jail" that's called mob justice and if you're a big fan of that you were probably a big fan of late 19th century lynchings.
    We don't try people in a court of public opinion. That's not justice.

• I don't know the details of either case, but my guess is evidence and time. I'm not saying all women but there are women who accuse people for money.

• Cosby is not off the hook, he may be headed for trial.

Jared there was physical evidence so he plead guilty.

• Couldn't they have arrested him and booked him at least

• On what evidence?

I don't think very many of the women have approached the police. He's mainly looking at a sudden wave of lawsuits. Some of the allegations fall outside statute of limitations laws.

Most of them, to be honest, on their own, one witness makes a claim from 10 years ago he denies it, the police are not going to take that to trial, it's a waste of time because there's no chance of conviction. And they don't go around booking celebrities without good evidence or they'll get fried by his lawyers.

There may be a criminal case coming, but it will be based on massing -many- women's testimony to show a pattern, and that will take some time for any one office to do. A couple are allegedly looking at it.

• Who all is suing him for sure is Raven Symone in on it?

• I admit that I don't know a ton about either case, but I suspect that statute of limitations play a big role in Cosby getting off the hook.

• How are you going to prove beyond a reasonable doubt what someone did 10, 20, 30 years ago?

That's why it's imperative for victims of a crime to call the police ASAP. Because that's when there's actual evidence they can still collect, and build a case. Let's say I accuse someone of attacking me 20 years ago. How am I going to prove it? Think any witnesses who can verify where I was, remember some random night 20 years ago? Maybe a doctor's report still exists, if I went to a doctor for treatment. Security camera footage? It would be long gone.

Basically unless you have a confession, it's he said/she said in these cases.

• statute of limitations.

• It's probably due to proof, yeah.

• Because Cosby only has accusers and you are innocent until proven guilty

• Accusations shouldn't put a man in jail. Unfortunately for a lot of men this has been the case where a mere point of finger can lead an innocent man in jail, ruin his career and social life.

He's innocent until proven guilty. And women who are upset aren't proof of evidence.

• Coz he's black. Can't do no wrong now if your black, gay, a women, transgender and blah blah blah. If he was white he'd have been sentenced already

• Evidence for one, not so much for the other

• I don't even Cosby did it. I mean for over 30 years and no one came out. Then out of nowhere all these women come out? BS.
    He must have been onto something and someone more powerful wanted to discredit him before he "commits" suicide.
    He confessed? Lots of people would when there's a red dot to your family.

• people came out. but they either were threatened (like their careers and apparently physically threatened) or given some sort of money or gift to hush up and go away

• haha... i guess i didn't understand what you meant. i don't know what bias blinders means but i understand what you mean.

I am or at least was a MASSIVE Bill Cosby fan. I watched every episode of The Cosby Show my parents would play the old stand up records when i was a kid. I could almost quote "My Brother Russell" from memory. It was devastating to hear that a hero may not be what i thought he was

• Corruption, mer this mer that. etc.