Fallout 4: How great is this damn game?

I have homework that I need to get done.. but in the vault we don't have homework..
I'm a hero not a college student!

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend is loving it. I can't wait to give it a try.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its good but it's not the best game ever. It's fallout 3 with a new story, slightly improved graphics and a few new features. Settlements are cool but the build limit is annoying. Aparently they are going to have a mod kit, even for consoles, so that should be interesting. Honestly though, I'm more excited for the next elder scrolls but that won't be out for a while :(

Oh a quick tip, get the overseers guardian, it's around 2000 caps but it's the best gun in the game so far, Especially if you mod it (make sure you remote the scope and replace it with red dot). It's a unique weapon with a unique ability that fires an extra bullet, so essentially DOUBLE DAMAGE. I've got mine modded so it does 100 (200) with a 90 fire rate. Also the ammo is easy enough to find so it's overall, a great investment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LtDONYkKCoQ

What Girls Said 12

• I have no idea, should I get it? I don't know..

• If only I had the computer to run that game. Already lost my boyfriend to that game, haha.

Yey, Bethesda.

• Lol gotta tell your boyfriend to give you more attention :)

• My boyfriend has four cats.. XDD the male version of a crazy cat lady.

• Sounds like an interesting guy lol

• I am the lone wanderer...

• Haven't played it, but I've been watching others play. It looks fun :) just not my type of game, really. I tend to get distracted when I don't have a strict set of directions I have to follow and then I get lost and then I get bored lol

• Ah you prefer a more linear experience. I haven't played a good open world RPG in years! 😍

• I will be playing it!!! Glad there's a 3rd person option! =)

• Let's see, it's Thursday so you should have like 4 days to do your homework. I'm sure you're fine. Or is this new game actually THAT good?

• It's ok, but I prefer fantasy RPG, not post-apocalyptic.

• it's a really average bethesda game and not different enough from the others to hold my attention

• What are your major criticisms?

• @Toad-1 shit man, didn't realize you could see my steam library, whose houses i lived in, what games i had played, and etc, without us ever having met or interacted before in history.

• i can tell you haven't played it

• See this is why i find games kinda unattractive.

• Lol why? I'm only kidding lol school and responsibilities come first.

• Fucking awesome

• Yeah we all are heroes

• another reminder of an epic game i can't get my hands on :\
    enjoy it for both of us xD

What Guys Said 14

• The game looks great, but I can't stand the crappy animations and the bad graphics. Great illumination, but the textures aren't what I expect for this gen. I know it's a sandbox and all that, but look at The Witcher 3 an its amazing graphics.
    But it's the same with all Bethesda games, Skyrim and the last Fallouts had the same shitty animations and combat, as well as mediocre graphics, and I can't deal with that, it frustrates me.

• Ahh I feel you. I don't really care about appearance so that has never bothered me.

• @blue_sun Yeah, I noticed it's better than the last ones, but still crappy in my opinion.

• To each their own, I suppose.

I really enjoy the game, personally, although I can see why other people wouldn't like it.

(I just wanted to throw in the fact that Bethesda has an absolutely tiny team when compared to most AAA games, so the graphics lagging behind is understandable. They had about 110 to work on this game, and they didn't really start until the last Skyrim DLC came out.)

• hmm the best way to discrible fallout is: HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE ALL ABOARD THE HYPETRAIN

i am hyped for the game though...
    i just refuse to buy it untill i finished my year of school, to prevent addiction
    and its a great game, the mods for weapons/armour made my pants wet
    base building made me even wetter, AND I WANT TO PLAY THIS DAMM GAME !!

• Lol I bought it even with school.. I think I'm responsible enough to achieve balance.. 😌

• If your balance is 1000% fallount and -900% school then i would be able to achieve your balance too :D

• Lol it's not quite that bad.. ;)

• i like it a lot. my only concern is whether it really improves much on fallout 3 but i'm only ten hours in and i've been doing dumb settlement stuff because it's addicting.

i wish my friends would shut up about that damn Battlefront game and play more of this!

• I'm addicted to the settlement stuff too! I gotta go out and do missions and explore more lol

• The story is good but not the witcher 3 good but the crafting, immersion, building is really amazing in this game that I don't want to play more than an hour because I don't want to mess up my grades I recommend for anyone in high school or a lot of free time

• Yeah the time sink is the biggest issue. I gotta place limits on myself too.

• I never played a Fallout game before and according to the hype, I'm "a whole lot of cuss words" <-someone actually told me that lol

• It's honestly a huge letdown. It's really boring; I mean, that are almost zero role-playing elements now.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas were infinitely better.

• Can you explain?

• Skills and dialogue options were scrapped almost completely. Npcs are very shallow, uninteresting, and just overall irritating. There's almost no role-playing elements as far as your character goes. Also, the fact that so many of the npcs are essential is annoying. Combat is super glitchy and frustrating. Quests basically just boil down to "go kill these guys". And, there's no Karma system anymore.

• How great? Fuck homework fuck college fuck life PLAY THIS FUCKING GREAT GAME

• Lol I've been balancing it and school lately.. I'm trying to anyway ;)

• haha I am playing it for now... :D

• Luckyyyyyyyy 😮😮😮 go build up ur base and leave me alone :( 😂😂😂😂

• Dude... it's fucking amazing! 😍 I already have like 2 days game time. 😂

• Damn I just bought it so I'm not even close to that. I'm sure it won't take too long though lol

• I shot the shit out of Darla.

• It seems like everyone I know is talking about it, people are saying the graphics is better than the last game. I don't know if I should get it or not. Is it really that good?

• I fucking love it

• 0|1
  • I haven't played it but it looks like fallout 3.5. It seems mehhh

• Play it before you make a judgement bro.

• @blue_sun
      You believe don't understand the meaning of.5

• *I believe you don't

• It's not that great.

• Why do you think that?

• Well, it does get repetitive after a while. Most games do, but this one is strictly single player so it loses a bit of the replay fun.