What are your thoughts with regards to the "golden ratio"?

How much to you believe it impacts our society and in what areas?

1.618. The ratio is used in almost everything you see advertised. It applies to proportions. It is what is defined as pleasing to the eye. For example a modeling agency will use it to determine how good looking you are, or an ad agency will use it make a picture in perfect proportion to draw your eyes exactly where they want.

Yes as in mathematics.

Most Helpful Guy

• The golden ratio has been around since ancient times, in fact the geek statues are proof of it. In the early 1900s a German strong man took the measurements given by the golden ratio. And sculpted his body exactly according to them and when he was done he was the living version of one of those statues. He looked exactly like them and his body was perfectly aligned with the golden ratio.

The golden ratio has nothing to do with beauty alone but perfection and placement as well as what is most pleasing to the eye. but for the human body it's physical perfection, its used in art as well to determine the perfect settings for separate items within a painting to make to it most pleasing to the eye, its used in many other things as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• What you mean by golden ratio? As in mathematics?

What Guys Said 6

• I think it's mind blowing how the golden ratio is prevalent in soooo many aspects and examples in life.

• It's pretty cool but a little overrated I think. I find irrational numbers in general are pretty cool.

How is it used to determine how good looking you are?

• They use a graphic image to place over a face to determine how aligned and how your face measures up to the ratio.

• Applying the golden ratio to the financial markets has returned me much profit.

• ... Malarkey...

• "Golden ratio"? You have me at a loss here. What is that?

• Yeay math!!

At first I thought it was going to be another dirty joke about pee...

What Girls Said 2

• a bunch of bullshit basically. i dont care about the 'maths'.

• Not really bs. You'd be surprised by how many things you view today that this ratio applies to. 😉

• Well u know... To each their own.

• Not so efficient.
    Jokingly me and my friend made this, she is way more beautiful than me, and my ratio was closer to this "golden ratio" than hers. If this would be true, she had to be the one closer to the golden ratio.