Anyone else in their early twenties feel old as fck?

I know it sounds ridiculous to most but I'm 22 and feel old as fck sometimes. I remember being 16 years old smoking weed.. lifting.. wrestling practice.. not giving a single fuck about anything. I was so fcking innocent. Being an adult sucks ass.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe your ego has been bashed to smithereens? I'm just wondering. Often people lose a sense of themselves, more and more of them, as they fulfil their responsibilities (which have been conditioned into them from parents, school, society, friends, etc). Are you just fulfilling commitments, without any real enjoyment of them? Did you lose a sense of what you really wanted to do? I know it's hard either way. I've sort of resolved to find some means of being happy. You can't say, well, I'll see how things pan out in a few years. You'll always put it off that way. Time goes by quickly...

Just on a practical level, looking after yourself is really important. You can do your yang, expansive, activity, but you need some time with yourself, to reflect, eat well, get enough sleep, etc.

What Girls Said 14

• I'm in my 30's and I feel old. I had a guy chase after me a couple of years ago cause he thought that since his girlfriend was aging, I might look better then her in old age. Now I am probably too "old" for him. I don't usually care for guys but he made more money then a surgeon.

• Your only 22 :p still so young

I know what you mean though haha but it can also be a phase, just get back into doing something you enjoy :P motivate yourself lol

• No, I'll start feeling a bit old at 25.

• It's only downhill from there.

• I'm not in my twenties, but I totally get it... what makes it worse is that genetics gives me the occasional grey hair :(

• I know the feeling. I've felt that way on and off for years now, and it's ridiculous to me.

• I've been felt old since I was like 18.

I concur. I don't enjoy adulthood.

• I'm turning 20 soon. I'm dreading it. It's a sucky age.

• I've been feeling old as fuck since the day I turned 17.

• I just turned 15 and I feel old lol

• Yes! I'm 22

• Aww the second wind is on its way

• Haha you kinda look older too (no offense, you're pretty hot).

I'm only 20 but I feel about 40. I guess shit like child abuse, raising someone else's kid, and stress will do that. I usually don't even talk to guys unless they're 25+... the guy I'm talking to now is 30 and I finally feel like he's on the same level as me.

Sometimes I'm like "I need a baby, my eggs are getting old" haha :P

• Yeah most people guess mid twenties lol. Went through a lot if shit growing up too. Play aged me. Def feel pressure to be in a relationship as I'm getting older though

• Yeah I luckily got my GI Bill to pay for my school. Fast-food sucks I'd definitely go back to being a receptionist or move up to a restaurant and serve tables.

• Lucky! My dad was supposed to pass his GI bill down to my brother and me, but he decided to mess around at community college for a few years instead haha. I'm pretty shy, so I probably wouldn't make a good waitress

• I wouldn't really cal that innocent... But okay.

You probably feel old because there's no significant age to look forward to. First you look forward to 16 to be able to drive, 18 to be a legal adult, and 21 to be able to legally drink. After that there really isn't much of an age "milestone" to look forward to. Other than hitting 50 but really, that's just when you're officially old!

What Guys Said 12

• I don't mean to offend you in anyway

But I personally think people like you spend too much time thinking about the past

We all do this to some degree

For example: when you're a child you think 'I want to be older'

You get older... Then you say you wish you was a kid again

Then you turn older into your golden ages and I guarantee you.. That you will say 'I wish I was in my teens/20s'

there's benefits of being in all stages of life

• I agree; I can't do certain things anymore.

• Yes, but It hit me when I turned 19.

• 16-22 males generally share the same behavior.

horny.

pussy.

horny...

video games...

horny...

• Now it feels like every little innocent prank idea will end with you getting butt fucked in jail cause everything nowadays is illegal

• Feelsbatman. jpg

• You feel old because 4 years ago is literally 1/5 of your time outside the womb. Why they let you out I've no idea.

• Nah. Once in a while I feel older, but not old as fuck.

• No, not really.

I do look back at my younger years, but I appreciate being "Old".

• no i am lift weight and get hotties when i be turn 25 so i not feel old till i 35 :)

• Yes. I thought I was the only one. Man I remember being 18 or 19 and being strong as shit. I was super strong. Now I feel weak as fuck. Damn hamstring never acts right. Ankle has always bothered me, but still. Sharp back pain every now and then. Seem like it takes more work to get fit.

• I got none of that lol I'm a bodybuilder so my physique actually looks better w/age.

• Well I twisted my ankle playing basketball. My hamstring probably comes from all the running I do. Back pain I don't know. Probably they way I lay while on the computer. My physique I'm not worried about. Hell I can have a decent physique just by eating two meals a day without putting any effort in. If I work out I'll look even better. It's just that stuff gets sore more now.

• Yeah I was a wrestler.. I have some occasional aches and pains.

• I do but I am 45