Is it ok for me to cry?

My brother was hit and killed by a car earlier this week. I still can't get over it. He was a few years older than me. We love out on a country road we have a drive way that goes straight up and down. Him and his girlfriend went for a walk on Tuesday night I don't know if the car didn't see him or if he was in the middle of the road our road isn't very big. And cars come by really fast out here. I'm surpise it didn't hit her too. I wasn't really that close to him as my other 2 brothers but he was still the best one out of the 3. He and my husband were best friends he introduced me to him. His girlfriend is more upset than I am. All the girls seem to really like him he was really handsome even I had a little crush on him. He has a son from a previous relationship he's only 13. Him and his son never got along very well we hardly ever seen him anymore. I feel really bad about it. I don't know how to move on from it. My husband tells me I should move on I know I should but I can't. Not only he was my brother he was my best friend. We did everything together. Me and his girlfriend are best friends too. How can I get over it? Is it ok to cry about him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why wouldn't it be okay to cry? He was a family member, I would be shocked it you didn't. Unfortunately, getting over it will take time and potentially therapy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Damn I'm very sorry, my condolences, what was your brothers age? Was he in his 30's? Since I assume he became a Dad at a young age

What Girls Said 1

• I'm so sorry for your loss :/ and of course it's ok to cry about it. This is a man you grew up with so take all the time you need really don't listen to anyone else

What Guys Said 1

• yes it's okay, it;s really normal.

you're going to eventually get over it; may take a year, make take 10+

sorry about your loss by the way