During your teen years where was your hangout place?

We all have/had one so where is/was it? At the mall? A restaurant in your town? Were your parents the cool ones and did your friends always come over to hangout?

For me it was the library pretty much everyone from Jr. High to maybe sophomore year hungout there and if we weren't there we were always chilling out at one of the parks... Yes I know we were dorks 😝

Wbu?

It's funny just how many people kicked it at the library 😂

Most Helpful Guy

• Outside the house, in high the hangout spot for me was this arcade and game store near the high school, as well as the Burger King about a block away.

City-wise overall, the mall, fast food joints and the skate parks are always the places where people kicked it. Especially since malls and fast food restaurants have wifi!

Whachu know about getting a small soda at a fast food drink, taking ur phone with u, and kicking it for hours on wifi with ur folks suiciding sodas? ;-)

• I don't but I do know about getting a large drink from McDonalds for $1 taking my laptop with me kicking it for hours on WiFi with my friends suiciding sodas ;)

• Technicalities is all... pretty much the same thing!

• Thanks for picking me!

Most Helpful Girl

• When I lived downtown in Beijing (China), our hang out place was at this really chill lounge with really cozy compartments with curtains and pillows. And the place also had a dance floor and a DJ area where you could connect your phone and play music. :) All the international kids from different international schools around the city met up there for chilling, pre-gaming, dancing and shisha :D It was amazing, really miss it 😔Most of our parents didn't know about it though. It was kind of a secret hang out place, down a dark alleyway... 😏

• Boo! 👎 No one cares that you had an amazing hangout spot! 😈

Jk

What Guys Said 21

• LOL.. well when VIDEO GAMES were INVENTED... lol...
    we had places called Arcades. Do they even have those anymore?
    So we would go up there. You could get coupons that would give you sometimes 15-20 tokens for $1. They would be these tiny little ad's on one page of one of those free local booklets you see around. we would get stacks of them, tear out the coupon, then throw the booklets away. Sell some of them and keep some. Spend hours up there playing Pac Man, Donkey Kong, etc... of course Space invaders was the first one out.
    otherwise there was an indoor mall a mile from our house. we would go there. they had a movie theater. I remember when I was a little kid my mom made us stop going to the show because they raised prices from 25 cents to 50 cents to see a first run movie... can you imagine?

• I'm aware of what you're talking about bit unfortunately no they don't have arcades anymore. The closest things to that are places like Chuck E Cheese, Enchanted Castles, etc and the games are way different

The only places where you can find arcade games are at some laundromats and old pizza or hot dog joints it's always Pac Man and sometimes Invaders

• Nope now these days people just use social media fuck it pisses me off

• @blondfrog

I thought I was the only one 😮
      It's a real shame and is exactly why I don't have one... Well unless GAG counts lol

• It was in the back alley or a baseball field near my house lol like 5 minutes away by foot. There was a park too near my house it was pretty cool but it was like a deserted park lol it was scary I went there to read once in my college reading class man that was such a long time ago that was 5 years ago your making me feel old monae :(
    My most fondest memories though weren't were friends I barely had any and most of them betrayed me. I remember those days though hanging out with the wrong crowd my friend at the time broke a church window with a rock and almost broke a car window while driving by.

• There was a place in the woods that we called "The Pit," which was literally was a pit, that we hung out at. We weren't poets. We used it for parties, drinking, drugs and sex (if we ever got lucky but not many girls want to fuck in the woods). We had very complex security for it, as the cops would routinely try and catch us. We had 4 people in the trees as far out as we could go with walkie talkies (before cell phones) which would signal another guy at the party if cops were coming. 3 beeps meant RUN 5.0!!! And a varied beep system to signal which way they were coming from.

I hope you know I'm telling you a secret that I swore "on my life" never to tell.

• I regret to inform everyone that I was a mall rat.. I know I know embarrassing right?

I am ashamed ✌🏻️

• Really? I'm shocked I know this is kind of judgmental but I would've guessed the mall... I guess it's the glasses. Lol

• School. Didn't hang out much with friends besides that. When I do, we usually end up at the mall at some point.
    Lots of people in my town (40,000 population, 90% white) would go "hang out" at McDonalds or King Soopers. I used to work at King's and I would see the same groups of kids from my high school like every day.
    Pretty lame.

• We all hung out behind the water tower and on this small isolated patch of island down by the river if we wanted to drink/fuck.

• Well yeah compared to everyone else's answers either you were a bad boy or we all just have/had no lives.

• I was an exception to the rule... not the party type. I was and am still often visiting airports. Planes are my passion :D

• Wow that's really cool :)

• Oh yeah it is... I love my hobby. Although I would perhaps not have been single today if I had been visiting more parties :o

• The elementary school playground near our bus stop or the highschool school parking lot

• Yeah brings back memories especially considering I lived across the street from mine xD

• I was so cool I use to hang out in a library

• Lol you're like the 5th person that said library including me xD

• There was really nothing to do and nowhere so I was stuck between staying in bed and going to the library

• My bed or school and coaching, mostly my bed dreaming, thinking or ready books and scientific theories

• Apart from my house or a friend house, me and my buddies often went to the gym or the park, which included a basketball court and a skatepark.

• This placed called Skyrim.

• soccer field
    friends house to play ps3/xbox
    movies

3 way tie

• the gym i worked out a lot as a teen

• "We all had one"

Did we?

• Yes we all have one even if you're homeless you have one. Whatever corner you beg for money the most that would be your hangout place.

If you spent most of your time in your room that would be your hangout place.

• My bedroom.

• Hm... im still a teen almost 20 :O but... mostly in women's bedrooms... like in the closet... watching them.. khm...

• And how did you get in their bedroom?

• You said woman's I'm a teen so no lmfao

• still made you look though, didn't i? :D

• The streets, really (not 'the streets' the streets, but just outside on the street).

• Behind a store.

• between the legs of beautiful women

• So they raped you?

• But she didn't rape you she was in the comfort of her own home and got undressed if you felt unconformable you should've told her instead of running away.

And what happened to "between the legs of beautiful women"?

• i have seen far too many now, got bored

• I really didn't have a hang out place :(

What Girls Said 15

• I had the fun house during the summer. I had the pool. So they all came to my house.

Up the street was where my friend Derek lived. We all went there during the winter because he had the big TV and we binged on apple juice, popcorn, and Disney movies.

There were 12 of us (5 girls, 7 guys) and in Derek's movie room was a medium sized love seat... you know, those couches for just two people? Yeah. All 12 of us managed to sit on it together and that's how we watched movies. In a giant hyena-like mass.

• Sounds fun I could only imagine how old were you guys around this time because when I here 5 girls and 7 guys alone together sounds like trouble to me lol

• Um... we were 16-18 years old.

• The mall definitely! Could drive at the time and didn't live exactly in the city so when I did make trips to the city it was at the mall and or skate parks!

• For me it was the library. It's not too far from the schools so we usually walked there and hung out. Plus there was a sweet shop next door so we would snack on candy outside.

• See I knew I wasn't the only one! We went there but we never read books or worked on homework majority of us got kicked out for being to loud or eating xD

• We didn't work on anything either really, we usually goofed off either on the computers (which we got in trouble for a few times!), outside on the steps or in the corner with the young adult books because there were comfy chairs in that area.

• At my high school, every group has their table as a general guideline, the closer your groups table is to the gym, the more preppy the group is. Our table was probably one of furthestfron the gym because we hated the preps. We hung out before school, during the break, and during lunch. All through junior year then our school was remodeled and then we picked a new table senior year. It took me longer than it should have to find who my real friends were but I loved them to death then we went away to college.

• I know exactly what you mean it can be hard to figure out who are your real friends from the fake ones it's almost as hard as finding a needle in a haystack 😒

• The movie theaters.

• my bed! lol no not an sexual way!

• a shopping center lol

• In the abandoned park which was supposed to be 'haunted'

• The library or my room lol. I didn't have a whole lot of friends and I also had strict parents.

• I am so sorry while scrolling down I accidentally down voted you but I should've upvoted you because apparently that's the spot everyone goes to chill when they have nothing else to do as a kid. Give me some 👊

• 👊👊👊

• My hangout spot is 7 eleven.

• Lmfao it use to be mine when I was really young and technically still partially was considering I always stopped there and snuck snacks into the library xD

• I was homeschooled, so my hangout was always my room with the door shut with a romance novel and the radio on my favorite station. When I got a little older, the library (mainly the internet with my fave social games and Facebook) became my hangout.

• Mostly at someone's house or the mall.

• I don't have one, my teen years suck. .-.

• Really? Well get one as long as you have friends or even just one anywhere can be one. It could be somewhere fun like the mall, movie theater, skating rink, bowling, restaurant, etc. It could be an everyday place like your house or one of your friends, the park, the library, or even your school as long as you're with your buds and you're having fun the location doesn't matter :)

• I guess school and my house.

• my best friend and I would just hang in her room

• At home every single weekend by myself. I was very anti-social still very much am.

• And do you look at it as a positive thing or a negative one. Do you like being alone or would you like to change it?

• Nope not me. I had friends up until high school it was impossible for me to make friends. The childhood friends I had at one point moved away or moved on. That is why I think nobody likes me I know I am very much misunderstood which is the same as being disliked because you don't appreciate or give sympathetic understanding to that person. I have learnt to accept that I have nobody and be my own friend.

• To answer your question I think to be an introverted loner can be a positive and a negative thing. Being by yourself 24/7 has serious health affects. My mental health has suffered a lot through the years. It is one thing to have friends but if they don't understand you. It is the same feeling as being a loner.